• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil pressure sender

qkcuda

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:10 PM
Reaction score
My 1966 Charger 361 has an oil pressure sender that you can just see in the bottom corner of this picture. I was going to order a replacement. Rock Auto shows that type of sender for an oil pressure warning light, and the large bell type for a gauge. It works fine most of the time but has cut out on me, particularly when the headlights are on for a long period. I would like to replace it. Which type is correct for the 1966 Charger with a gauge? Can't be sure if it was original or previously replaced.

Manifold 4.jpg

the bell type is for a gage. the small one is for a warning light

That's what I always thought, but this one was working?

That's what I always thought, but this one was working?

in my years of wrenching i have seen that a small sending unit was used from the factory and some aftermarket parts for the gage . but now days i think it is the bell for the gage and the small for a warring light are available.. your old one looks to be larger than the warring light one.

Found this picture online, which looks like mine, but if the bell type works, I have no problem changing it.

oil pressure sender.jpg

^^^That's a low pressure light switch, not what you want for a gauge.

My 1966 Charger 361 has an oil pressure sender that you can just see in the bottom corner of this picture. I was going to order a replacement. Rock Auto shows that type of sender for an oil pressure warning light, and the large bell type for a gauge. It works fine most of the time but has cut out on me, particularly when the headlights are on for a long period. I would like to replace it. Which type is correct for the 1966 Charger with a gauge? Can't be sure if it was original or previously replaced.

View attachment 1044064
What you need with a gauge, Bell Design. And it is part # PS59 from Standard Products.

Auto Transport Service
Back