• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

oil pressure switch

gaspar sosa

Local time
9:25 AM
Reaction score
I am changing the wire harness on my 69 charger but for my oil pressure switch I can not find a connector. Some wires are a mess trying to fix what is was done before but, there is something that I am missing on that oil pressure switch

If it's just for a warning light it should have a female spade connector

This is the one that I have on my car, should I buy a different one?

oil press sw.jpg

Isn't that the gauge sender?
The switch is smaller.

The sender shown above is what I have installed, which is a gauge sender for the Ralley dash.
If OP only has a warning buzzer for low oil pressure, try and follow the wiring from the buzzer itself if possible and see where you end up.
Some items are not standard in a wiring harness as it depends on options if it is required or not, so this connection for the switch could be on a separate "harness".

IIRC on my '69 Coronet "Under dash" harness it stated this is for a Ralley dash version, the harness for the Engine bay also had some additional things mentioned so you also might have the wrong harness?

Auto Transport Service
Back