• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

oil pump drive shaft

maddart

Local time
2:07 AM
Reaction score
Want to prime the engine prior to startup after 6 months in storage.
After i pull the distributor i then need to pull the gear/oil pump drive shaft to prime oil pump with drill and tool.
How do i index the oil pump shaft so i don't end up being a tooth off, or is it going to drop in in a single correct position out of six due to the hex on the end?

Want to prime the engine prior to startup after 6 months in storage.
After i pull the distributor i then need to pull the gear/oil pump drive shaft to prime oil pump with drill and tool.
How do i index the oil pump shaft so i don't end up being a tooth off, or is it going to drop in in a single correct position out of six due to the hex on the end?
it can go in more than one way....just note the orientation of the slot prior to pulling it out....its not hard to put it back the same

Not sure if this is a 440 but the oil pump has a 5/16 female hex on it.

it can go in more than one way....just note the orientation of the slot prior to pulling it out....its not hard to put it back the same

Make note of where the rotor and the slot are when removing.I have had to move the oil pump to put back into alignment,you can't be a tooth off,the cam never moves:blob1:

Auto Transport Service
Back