• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ok, I admit, I'm a hoarder

wahya

Local time
11:57 AM
Reaction score
DSCN3216.JPG

Wife was going through a small box of "whatever", that we have kept over the 46 years that we have been married. Why we (I) kept such a worn out key chain emblem, I don't know. Our first new car (which we still have). I don't remember now if it was attached to keys when we got it, or we got it off a rack, or what. Maybe I'll just keep it with the car.

Not me!
I sell everything I don't need on ebay to fund what I'm working on.

All joking aside, it is a massive burden and completely selfish to leave ones family to clean up some massive collection of stuff.
As for project cars.....Do some quick math:
average project = 5 years
Lifespan of an American male=80 years
Ability to tackle said projects=mid 60's or so (this may vary depending on health)
That's 2 project a decade.
If you are over 40 and have several projects you refuse to sell, you are dealing your loved ones an unfair hand.

I realize that a lot of the mentality that leads to this is clinical. It just seems insane to me and I'm a sucker for a project.

IMG_1079.JPG
If my key chain isn't worn out, does that mean I don't have a problem yet?

2 storage places,2 houses,1 shop,and 9 tons of carp.
and me,with a months worth of work to accomplish every week.
and then go out on the weekends and buy more carp......
nope,no hoarding going on here!!

its a disease. grandfather had it, dad had it , ive got it , 2 of three kids have it :lol: unless its broke never throw anything away
2 storage sheds here , you never know when it might come in useful :icon_fU:

I'm betting that almost everybody on this board has thrown something out and a year or two later you need it. You think to yourself "damn it, I had one of these and I threw it away, now I have to go out and buy one". It could be something as simple as a bolt or a screw but you just hate paying for another one. It's where that hoarding mentality comes from in my case. I agree that it's not fair to your relatives to leave a huge mess of worthless crap behind so I'm fighting the urge to collect more, but it's a struggle.

When in doubt, throw it out.
Exactly my motto...

I don't really keep anything "junky" anyways,
life's to short to hoard crap & that same crap takes up
"way too much room" eventually...
I kind of have a 5 year rule
"use it or lose it"
{except for most my car take offs etc. stuff & my tools}

I keep the best of whatever it is I'm storing if I have two or more I keep the nicest for myself sell the rest . That was my brake threw I used to keep everything because as stated I tossed something shortly after I needed it back only replacement I could find cost me $400 . Agh it never fails if someone needs it and I have it and currently don't need it I let it go now only to real guys not Flipper's

My wife says we would be classed as hoarders if we did not have as much storage space
If and when we move yuk lots of items stored

Young lady you should be ashamed of yourself !! Ooops, sorry.. I misread the title a little too quickly.

Auto Transport Service
Back