• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OK..I normally Do Not Like Discussing My Ailments

cr8crshr

Local time
4:21 PM
Reaction score
But I really did it this time. Halloween Night After I finished up with the neighborhood trick or treaters, I retired to the garage shop for a libation before dinner. I was sitting at the bench when I began an uncontrolled cough and could not catch my breath. I got COPD, Apnea,and I am on BP medication. Well I panicked and gasping for air I stood up and immediately blacked out. I face planted on the concrete garage floor!!! The results are obvious. I broke my nose in 3 places...2 at the bridge and one on the right side and blew a blood vessel in my left eye hence the sever blood shot look. I am banged up pretty good but the spirits are high, humor is still there and a laugh in my belly when the jokes are thrown at me. Thank God the my Brother Jon/69a100 is camping out with me temporarily as he administered First Aid and got the bleeding under control so no emergency room visit. Just lots of ice and rest until the major swelling went down enough to go see a Doc and get xrays. I jokingly say that I went 10 rounds...I used to Box Golden Gloves as a youth at the "Y", so I know about getting the ol' Proboscis being the brunt of a blow...and I didn't loose the match. I look like Rocky after his fight. Yo Adrian!!!! Any way, I am sore but not too uncomfortable. I can breath about 85% of normal through both nostrils, so that is a good thing and I rest/sleep fairly well despite the injury. I have a CT Facial scan on Friday and then a ENT consult to discuss surgery which couldn't come at a more inopportune time with the forth coming Holidays and visiting guest coming next month. But it takes a Hell of a lot more to knock and keep this Ol' boy down so I keep that good attitude and put one foot at a time in front of each other. I have no advise only to say, It Ain't The Fall That Gets Ya. It's The Sudden Stop!!! Lesson well learned I might add. Let's be safe out there, look and take care of one another, and be careful with all that you are doing in your daily lives. So now the jokes and digs will come. I love it!!! Peace Out.....The...cr8crshr/Tuck:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

IMG_1328.JPG

But I really did it this time. Halloween Night After I finished up with the neighborhood trick or treaters, I retired to the garage shop for a libation before dinner. I was sitting at the bench when I began an uncontrolled cough and could not catch my breath. I got COPD, Apnea,and I am on BP medication. Well I panicked and gasping for air I stood up and immediately blacked out. I face planted on the concrete garage floor!!! The results are obvious. I broke my nose in 3 places...2 at the bridge and one on the right side and blew a blood vessel in my left eye hence the sever blood shot look. I am banged up pretty good but the spirits are high, humor is still there and a laugh in my belly when the jokes are thrown at me. Thank God the my Brother Jon/69a100 is camping out with me temporarily as he administered First Aid and got the bleeding under control so no emergency room visit. Just lots of ice and rest until the major swelling went down enough to go see a Doc and get xrays. I jokingly say that I went 10 rounds...I used to Box Golden Gloves as a youth at the "Y", so I know about getting the ol' Proboscis being the brunt of a blow...and I didn't loose the match. I look like Rocky after his fight. Yo Adrian!!!! Any way, I am sore but not too uncomfortable. I can breath about 85% of normal through both nostrils, so that is a good thing and I rest/sleep fairly well despite the injury. I have a CT Facial scan on Friday and then a ENT consult to discuss surgery which couldn't come at a more inopportune time with the forth coming Holidays and visiting guest coming next month. But it takes a Hell of a lot more to knock and keep this Ol' boy down so I keep that good attitude and put one foot at a time in front of each other. I have no advise only to say, It Ain't The Fall That Gets Ya. It's The Sudden Stop!!! Lesson well learned I might add. Let's be safe out there, look and take care of one another, and be careful with all that you are doing in your daily lives. So now the jokes and digs will come. I love it!!! Peace Out.....The...cr8crshr/Tuck:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

View attachment 536754

yikes! holy **** Tuck. glad you are ok.

Glad you're still with us, man.

You weren't eating one of these from the leftover Halloween candy were you? Cough, cough.

818132.jpg pixie_stix.jpg

View attachment 536754
Damn, that sounds like a scary night. Good luck with the scan and ENT. Hopefully no surgery will be needed.

Ouch!

What does the other guy look like? :BangHead:

Sucks getting old! Hope you're feeling better real soon Tuck!

Glad You're alright Tuck. Good Luck with with Your reparations.

Best of luck for your surgery Tuck....looks like you got banged up pretty good. Broken noses are no joke, and I have an idea of some degree of your pain. Good to hear that you got help so fast from Jon....nothing worse than being incapacitated and alone.
Take care....and a speedy recovery.:thumbsup:
Roger.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, but the very best out to you for a speedy recuperation. :thumbsup:

Surgery will be needed...cr8crshr/Tuck
Sorry to hear that. Especially, when you said it's such bad timing and all. That reminded me of a Gilligan's Island episode where the Professor was going to perform surgery on Gilligan's nose. Maybe it will take your mind off it for a while.

"Faceplants" are never good. Good luck & I can't help it- " be gentle when in between " someone's ' Y '!!

Sorry to hear this my brother! We’ll send some NJ prayers your way for a speedy recovery. Glad that you have kept your sense of humor. That is the best thing to do in all situations!

Auto Transport Service
Back