• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ok, Let's see your Modded car and break down what is has

bigmanjbmopar

Newb with a view
Local time
12:06 AM
Reaction score
Ok, Let's see your Modded car and break down what it has

Piece by piece part by part, lets hear descriptions, wanna see pics and tell us why you went that direction? And this can be any car from just switched my all stock car to leds bulbs to full out pro tour to in the process build.

I'll start,

The War Bird - As Dennis has coined and it is sticking :)

1969 Road Runner Real RM23 car auto

1. Changed 383 to a 440 reason – I had built the 440/493 before I even had a car and wanted to see it run on the street.

2. Changed the hood to a 6 bbl fiberglass hood reason – I’m in love with A12 cars and wanted that look even though mine is not an A12

3. Upgraded the stock drum brakes to Front power disks reason – wanted my wife to be able to drive this car and wanted to make sure it would stop.

4. Changed the front seats (buckets) reason – car came with some crazy buckets that only folded backwards! Stupid PO screwed it up, went to look for 69 RR seats but was priced out on my range for rusted out still needing rebuild seats($600+1500 restore cost) found 67 sport satty seats on eBay in excellent condition($280) needing rebuild someday but more than a driver now so in they went, low backs.

5. Rebuilt tranny 727 with transgo shift kit because it came that way but lost a few pumps after a year of beating on it.

6. Bought mag 500 15” wheels for it reason – they look bad *** on any mopar and they were a factory option at least the road wheels were that look like the new ones.

7. Changed my shifter twice first one was the shift R gate from Duncan it was nice but the gate is kind of weird, switched from that to a Hurst Pro matic V using the pistol grip I got from the Duncan kit reason – I freaking love the pistol grip and it feels awesome! Changes the whole feel of the car while cruising to me. Also Hurst is branded with mopar so it feels right having a name brand in the car that was used with mopars in the day.

8. Upgraded the suspension parts to the one above stock from PST reason – wanted new parts so I would know at least that is done. Sway bar didn't come out like I wanted but can always be changed later.

9. Changed the stock exhaust to TTI 2" headers with 3" pipes to flowmaster super 44's to 3" jones glass packs in the rear for resonators, reason - because this 493 needed to breathe! lol

Thats about it for me for now, as I drive it and think how much better modern or upgraded suspension like magnum force would be I am tempted to go that route but need the $$$

The car still needs body and paint work done to it, I am going back to its original color of T5 Bronze Fire Metallic mainly because I am trying to keep some originality and don't see any like that here except one and its a real survivor.

I will follow up wit more pics later on a slow connection now lol

Last edited:
War Bird is a damn good name BigmanJB!

I didn't realize how intensive this seemed till I started to type but here goes.

1968 Roadrunner dressed like a 1969 original Automatic Green car has been B5 Blue and was converted to a 4 speed prior to my buying it. At some point received some front and damage and is far enough gone from original I have no issue taking liberties with it. So here's what's been done so far! Affectionately known as AngryBird

1) New Crate Motor from CME 522 Stroker topped with a QuickFuel 780 and K&N Extreme Filter Top
2) Wizard Cooling 22" Rad with upgraded cores and integrated shroud with 4 - 9" SPAL fans
3) new 489 centre section with 3:55 True Trac from Dr. Diff
4) The complete rewiring with 18 fuse panel, halogen headlights w/ relays, new deutch connector at bulkhead, Tuff 100 amp alternator, upgraded wiring battery to alternator
5) Doug's 2" Primaries headers and new 3" header back Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust (would love to go with TTI but this is about $400 cheaper) and Dynomax UltraFlo Mufflers
6) Small items - added tri guage package (volt, water & oil) under ashtray... for some stupid reason I bought mechanical because it never occurred to me to do electrical gauges while re-wiring the car
7) Went at the dash instrument lighting with a different approach and used LED strip lighting around the perimeter to avoid the inconsistency of LED bulbs and patchiness
8) Wheel & tire package 17X8 (front) and 17X9 (rear) American Racing T70R's with Nitto NT555 P255/45ZR17 & P285/40ZR17 95W
9) Led lighting for parking and brake lights and have LED/Halogen combination HALO headlights to install shortly
10) Front drums were converted to Discs (actually the first thing that was done after I bought the car)
11) T56 out of a 2006 Viper, McLeod dual disc clutch and all other components to do the conversion to 6 speed are on hand
12) D1X Procharger and Brackets purchased and assembling other components to safely run a boosted engine (Fuel, Ignition and Intercooler)
13) Fancy pistol grips from idle hands woodwork for what will eventually be a custom shifter for my T56
14) Custom 522 Hood Callouts (Like a BOSS)
15) New Bilsteins in all 4 corners made a crazy difference to ride quality
16) Cal Tracs to hook up

Here's the pics of some of the things mentioned:

crate.jpgcrate1.jpgcarb.jpgView attachment 253179EZ Wire.jpgguage cluster2.jpgguage cluster.jpgguage cluster1.jpgRad4.jpgRad3.jpg522 Callouts.jpgIMAG1245.jpgLED3.jpgOrange.jpgIMAG4293.jpgIMAG4297.jpgView attachment 253192

crate.jpg crate1.jpg carb.jpg EZ Wire.jpg guage cluster2.jpg guage cluster.jpg guage cluster1.jpg Rad4.jpg Rad3.jpg 522 Callouts.jpg IMAG1245.jpg LED3.jpg Orange.jpg IMAG4293.jpg IMAG4297.jpg

Awesome!
Angry Bird!
Cool!

Dennis H's car should be called: "Legs" because that BAD A$$ 69 Coronet "Gets around"!

Nice ride! Where did you got these: 9) Led lighting for parking and brake lights and have LED/Halogen combination HALO headlights to install shortly ???

Nice ride! Where did you got these: 9) Led lighting for parking and brake lights and have LED/Halogen combination HALO headlights to install shortly ???

For the LED/Halogen Halo I bought the same one's from the first post in this thread http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparf...highlight=halo

BUT!!!

If you look in my thread Post 428 here: http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparf...highlight=halo

You will see the one's that Wookie has and recommended are much cooler than mine because they can change colours or flash patterns! If I had seen his first I would have got those!

as far as the LED taillights I bought the Putco Plasma LED's but had an issue with one of the Ambers. I'd recommend getting the same ones from this post http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...7-versus-cougar-plasma-balls&highlight=cougar

For the LED/Halogen Halo I bought the same one's from the first post in this thread http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparf...highlight=halo

BUT!!!

If you look in my thread Post 428 here: http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparf...highlight=halo

You will see the one's that Wookie has and recommended are much cooler than mine because they can change colours or flash patterns! If I had seen his first I would have got those!

as far as the LED taillights I bought the Putco Plasma LED's but had an issue with one of the Ambers. I'd recommend getting the same ones from this post http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...7-versus-cougar-plasma-balls&highlight=cougar

1st 2 links listed don't work,
directs you to a page, says they don't exist

1967 Belvedere Convertible ( mad scientist build )

1967 Plymouth Belvedere ( originally a 383 Auto car ) So here's what's been done so far!

Affectionately known as "Mad Scientist Build"

1) 2003 Dodge Magnum 5.7L Hemi
2) 2013 Dodge Challenger TR6060 6-speed transmission and dual clutch
3) original 489 rear, narrowed 3" on each side ( thanks 747 Mopar ) gear to be determined
4) new Austin Sure-grip ordered from Sumit Racing
5) Magnum Force Racing transformer front suspension ( this thing is so sweet )
- power rack-and-pinion steering
- 2" drop axles
- 1 1/8" anti-sway bar
- Viking double adjustable coil-overs
6) TTI will be the exhaust of choice since it'll fit into the car with the MFR front suspension
7) US Car Tools loves me - from them . . .
- frame connectors
- rear spring relocation kit ( worked with Chris for a new design on the rear attachments )
- inner fender braces
- lower core support
- torque boxes ( already on the car - it's a convertible )
8) rear wheel wells have been mini-tubbed and de-humped ( 16" wide wells now )
9) Wheel & tire package - yet to be determined
10) 2014 Dodge Challenger Interior, bucket seats and rear bench seats
11) with the MFR front suspension, converted to 13" Wilwood disc brakes up front
12) staying drum brakes in back
13) cut the tunnel out of the 2014 Challenger to replace my tunnel hump
14) added the MFR forward struts for additional support

Now you understand why it was called the Mad Scientist Build . . . still working on the build.

Check out my link below to see the full details of the build . . . and follow the progress . . .

Last edited:
Gonna sound like a parts list:

.440 warmed up by Mopar Engines West
.Keisler/Tremec 5
.TTI
.QTP
.Dynomax Superturbos
.Momo Johnny Player Special steering wheel
.Firm Feel Stage 1
.PST Tubular UCA's
.USCartool subframe connectors
.Classic Auto Air (Tampa)
.850 Demon
.Edelbrock RPM
.A1 electric power windows
.Ma Mopar 26"radiator/green coolant/factory shroud/180 Superstat
.KimKommando Dash Cam
.Valentine 1 radar detector
.Garmin Navigation
.Front seats from an 89 FWD Daytona
.3 point belts from XV Motorsports (former)

Can't remember the rest right now. Also, a lot of help from FBBO. Defined as poor-man-touring. Comfortable at triple digits and tire smoke on demand. Who could want more? Mopar. Or no car.

iPadApril2014 1099.jpg

Gonna sound like a parts list:

.440 warmed up by Mopar Engines West
.Keisler/Tremec 5
.TTI
.QTP
.Dynomax Superturbos
.Momo Johnny Player Special steering wheel
.Firm Feel Stage 1
.PST Tubular UCA's
.USCartool subframe connectors
.Classic Auto Air (Tampa)
.850 Demon
.Edelbrock RPM
.A1 electric power windows
.Ma Mopar 26"radiator/green coolant/factory shroud/180 Superstat
.KimKommando Dash Cam
.Valentine 1 radar detector
.Garmin Navigation
.Front seats from an 89 FWD Daytona
.3 point belts from XV Motorsports (former)

Can't remember the rest right now. Also, a lot of help from FBBO. Defined as poor-man-touring. Comfortable at triple digits and tire smoke on demand. Who could want more? Mopar. Or no car.

View attachment 254242

Love your ride. I think you should patent the phrase "poor-mans-touring" Love it. Hell, we are all poor after doing these projects! I'm going to get a license plate that says "401 K" on it!!

Auto Transport Service
Back