• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OK now what...

Steve Bradley

Local time
2:41 PM
Reaction score
I pulled the steering wheel on my 73 satellite I just need to know what wires do what. Lol. I did check and I have power on the red wire and power on the light tan R blinker as well as power on the L blinker white wire but none on the pink wire that someone said is supposed to be hot from the fuse box. Still no flasher and no brake lights. Some one cut the black wire coming from the pig tail that comes from the turn signal switch as well. Thinking that can't be good. Any help would be appreciated and would probably keep from pulling what little hair I have left out. Thanks in advance.

That black wire eventually makes its way to 2 places. Ignition switch and Horn relay. I would assume they cut the portion that goes to the horn relay. Im looking at a 71 schematic though. Cant find one for the 73 I would assume they are close.

On the horn relay there is a black wire. That wire goes back to the turn signal switch.

71SatelliteGTXRoad%20RunnerA.jpg
71SatelliteGTXRoadRunnerB.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back