• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ok serious question for the crowd.

gtx6970

Local time
2:50 AM
Reaction score
Ok , maybe not real serious. BUT. I can't make up my mind which direction to go, if at all

Car in question is a 1967 Coronet 500. factory original 383 car and the side emblems still state as such. with 383 four barrel
BUT the car has a 440 in it and 440 air cleaner pie tin.

question is ;
Do I change the side emblems to match the engine ?
Change the air cleaner pie tin to match the emblems ?

Take the pie tin off all together and let the masses think its a 383 ?

Do nothing at all ?

The car has factory air so its not like anyone can detect the raised block without getting in real close

The car will be up for sale soon and maybe leave that decision to the next owner.?
BUT,,,I have the splash shields out so I could access the side mldgs retainers and now would be a good time to change the emblems

20220812_154915.jpg

20220415_173530_resized_1.jpg

I had a 340 sticker on my air filter lid for a while , its a 383 engine. plain as day for anyone who knows whats what. I could care less if anyone didnt know what it is. Ive had my challenger called a camaro A hundred times so......

Surprised you're selling it...that's a very pretty car.
Fender badges that match the pie tin and the engine would make sense, and arguably make the installation more complete & professional.
Not a combination that was available, but folks seem to like plugging 440s in everything, so why not ?

Myself I would just change the emblems to match the engine installed. Since your going to sell leave it up to the next owner.

Factory emblems are fine. No need in boasting a car up thats better in the long run.

I vote take the pie tin off and leave the rest to one's imagination.

Ok , maybe not real serious. BUT. I can't make up my mind which direction to go, if at all

Car in question is a 1967 Coronet 500. factory original 383 car and the side emblems still state as such. with 383 four barrel
BUT the car has a 440 in it and 440 air cleaner pie tin.

question is ;
Do I change the side emblems to match the engine ?
Change the air cleaner pie tin to match the emblems ?

Take the pie tin off all together and let the masses think its a 383 ?

Do nothing at all ?

The car has factory air so its not like anyone can detect the raised block without getting in real close

The car will be up for sale soon and maybe leave that decision to the next owner.?
BUT,,,I have the splash shields out so I could access the side mldgs retainers and now would be a good time to change the emblems

View attachment 1328420

View attachment 1328424

Did the 383 emblems originally come with this car from the factory? Met a guy yesterday with 67 Coronet 500 383 4 speed. Same color scheme but no 383 emblems but he was wanting to add them. We weren't sure if that was a factory option.

take off the pie dont mess with the emblems it might chip the paint.

Did the 383 emblems originally come with this car from the factory? Met a guy yesterday with 67 Coronet 500 383 4 speed. Same color scheme but no 383 emblems but he was wanting to add them. We weren't sure if that was a factory option.
Cant answer that one. But I think they are OEM to this car .

It might make a difference if it was a 2 or 4 barrel car . ( this is a 383hp car per the vin )

I vote take the pie tin off and leave the rest to one's imagination.
Im kind of leaning this direction, aka no costs involved.

Only reason IM thinking about it is -
A - A pair of emblems are posted here for sale.
B- I have the splash shields off and now is the perfect time to change them

I had not really giving the idea to change the emblems at all until a friend of mine asked if I was going to ( he has expressed a mild interest in the car )
Plus I have been asked a few times the past few months. People see the pie tin and the emblems and I get the inevitable question,,,,,,.
Is it a 383 or a 440 ??????

Last edited:
Surprised you're selling it...that's a very pretty car.
Fender badges that match the pie tin and the engine would make sense, and arguably make the installation more complete & professional.
Not a combination that was available, but folks seem to like plugging 440s in everything, so why not ?
I recently bought another 66 Satellite and deep down have always liked the Plymouth body styles versus the Dodge .
And I have no desire to own , maintain and / or have room for 3 cars

I have a 440 monaco that someone put 383 emblems on, and the holes aren't the same.

So, you go to remove the emblems and you break a stud off on each one. You say "oh f*(&" and think, dang why didn't I just leave it alone.
I would leave it and pull the pie tin if it was mine.
JMO of course.

Myself I would just change the emblems to match the engine installed. Since your going to sell leave it up to the next owner.

I always change the emblems to match the engine. Save the originals to add to the sale to the new owner.

I recently bought another 66 Satellite and deep down have always liked the Plymouth body styles versus the Dodge .
And I have no desire to own , maintain and / or have room for 3 cars
I'm sure my brother told you that that Satellite was originally a 318 car, and badged as a 383? If they make a 400 emblem and want to go through changing them, go for it. Or just disclose that stuff to the buyer. There's just something I like about a Red & White Mopars!!! Good Luck
153.JPG

I'm sure my brother told you that that Satellite was originally a 318 car, and badged as a 383? If they make a 400 emblem and want to go through changing them, go for it. Or just disclose that stuff to the buyer. There's just something I like about a Red & White Mopars!!! Good Luck
View attachment 1328558
yes,,,, Im aware the Satellite was originally a 318.

4bbl is a great option too. It’s still performance and very few folks could tell the difference. As long as the fender shields are easy to get out of the way to install them. I’d bet they left there there because the undercoat was thick and that shield is crispy

Auto Transport Service
Back