• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OK so I wanted a Labrador, having had two in the past.

Auggie56

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:52 AM
Reaction score
But my wife didn't want to deal with the hair again. So she found this Labradoodle pup in a near by town. Joie a female, mother is Labrador, father a Standard Poodle. Her characteristics are Poodle like long ears, a shaggy coat and she has a thinner Lab like tail that she holds like a Poodle at times. She has really big feet and long legs. We have been her parents for three weeks today. When I carried her on the first day to the car I was able to cradle her in both arms, no more, she's grown quite a bit, twenty five pounds last Monday. I have trouble picking her up because of her length. anyway we love her and she so far hasn't shed. Taking her to a training class next week, wife insists.

DSCF5220.JPG

DSCF5223 (1).JPG

Nice dog :thumbsup:

Growing up all we had was labs, great dogs. This is the current one, Bandit, he has anxiety issues, and definitely can’t stand storms.
:lol:

CAB5EEDB-3D03-4D95-92B8-378CFB6B60C8.jpeg

Pffft Lab hair! I have two 160-pound Newfies. That's a really good-looking dog you have there. We tried mixing our female Newfoundland with a full-sized standard poodle. They came out looking like full-sized Newfoundlands. It must take a few generations. What's weirder not many puppies of that litter survived.

Looks like she's got the same cheapie Dollar Store collar two of mine have! I hope the plastic snap doesn't break!

I love Labs but they are sneaky bastards who love to go exploring. They definitely will wait until I've turned my head and dropped my guard to make a break for it.

I love Labs but they are sneaky bastards who love to go exploring. They definitely will wait until I've turned my head and dropped my guard to make a break for it.
Yes, notorious...
Working dogs need "work".
Lots, LOTS of exercise is a key to managing Labs, especially between puppy and 2 years old. Keep them busy, or they'll find "things" to do, and destruction or escape is a couple of common problems.

But my wife didn't want to deal with the hair again. So she found this Labradoodle pup in a near by town. Joie a female, mother is Labrador, father a Standard Poodle. Her characteristics are Poodle like long ears, a shaggy coat and she has a thinner Lab like tail that she holds like a Poodle at times. She has really big feet and long legs. We have been her parents for three weeks today. When I carried her on the first day to the car I was able to cradle her in both arms, no more, she's grown quite a bit, twenty five pounds last Monday. I have trouble picking her up because of her length. anyway we love her and she so far hasn't shed. Taking her to a training class next week, wife insists.

View attachment 1365313

View attachment 1365316
Beautiful BEAUTIFUL dog, and Labradoodles and Goldendoodles are great dogs. 2 of the smartest breeds combined, both "working" breeds in that they need jobs to do as reflected in play and exercise. They are renowned for being a GREAT choice for people who have allergies or don't want a "dog hair carpet" on their hard floors.

Bandit, he has anxiety issues, and definitely can’t stand storms.
That's a couple of really tough problems to overcome, and I say that as a former Dog Trainer and lifelong "dog family" member.
If you haven't tried the ThunderShirt, try it. That stress can kill as dogs get older.

I have a labradoodle. Unlike many in the breed Irving sheds like crazy. But, he's the smartest dog I've ever had and I wouldn't sell him for a million.

Irving Sitting.JPEG

thumbnail_IMG_0737.jpg

That's a couple of really tough problems to overcome, and I say that as a former Dog Trainer and lifelong "dog family" member.
If you haven't tried the ThunderShirt, try it. That stress can kill as dogs get older.
Thunder shirt hardly did anything for our Casey, quite often give her a pill about 2 hours before a predicted storm.

Yes, notorious...
Working dogs need "work".
Lots, LOTS of exercise is a key to managing Labs, especially between puppy and 2 years old. Keep them busy, or they'll find "things" to do, and destruction or escape is a couple of common problems.

hamster-wheel-32.gif

Anyone make a dogster wheel? I'll take 3 and power my home with dogfood converters.

Auto Transport Service
Back