• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ok, what's missing

Paul_G

Local time
6:33 AM
Reaction score
I bought new grilles for the 73 Rallye from Classic Industries. The car does not have grilles or the mounting brackets for them. I picked up a set if mounting brackets off Ebay that were supposed to be complete. I guess there not. I think they are mounted to the upper bumper correctly. Is there supposed to be more brackets for the lower bumper side? They are short by a couple inches.

20190114-143701.jpg

20190114-142806.jpg

20190114-142743.jpg

Grill brackets missing?
upload_2019-1-14_15-34-45.png

Please post once you get them mounted. Curious to hear how they fit/look.

Here's the 1973 Charger.
Thanks Nacho.

upload_2019-1-14_16-31-20.png
Capture.PNG

Ok. Thanks guys, I am missing a bunch of parts. I dont have the items called pads or braces for it for either side or the lower reinforcement. Not to mention the mounting hardware.

except for the C shaped grill brackets, rest of parts are pretty much the same setup than your 72 Topper.

Paul, you have the C brackets for the grilles. I can see them there. What you got missed is the lower reinforcement where the center brackest should be fixed too ( not the outers. And the plastic fasteners for the grill screws on brackets

Paul, you have the C brackets for the grilles. I can see them there. What you got missed is the lower reinforcement where the center brackest should be fixed too ( not the outers. And the plastic fasteners for the grill screws on brackets

I have the plastic fasteners. Removed them before sand blasting and paint. Yes I have the C shaped brackets, and the brackets that go on the ends by the fenders. I have all the main brackets. There is also an item in that location called "pad" which I dont have. Is the "pad" needed?

The 72 has hideaway headlights. It looks very different

Edited a bit my previous reply.

Yeah I know... all 72 toppers are with hideaways and I remember your car pics, but as mentioned EXCEPT for the grile brackets WHAT YOU HAVE, the rest of the setup is pretty much the same than your 72. Including lower reinforcement

the pad is a safety bumper between the bumper and fender... needed? Can live without that, but they should be easy to be found, I have seen being sold around quite often.

There is also a diagonal brace between fender and bottom of bumper.

Repeat, check yor 72 and will find what is missed ( just that the pads and rest of braces are specifically 71/72 and 73/74 )

Auto Transport Service
Back