• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okay, hang on to your butts because here come all the new pictures of the Coronet 500.

SteveSS

Local time
10:10 PM
Reaction score
I went down to my son's house and took pictures. My HOA would never allow this in my driveway. I'm sure that one certain member will say, "Yeah if you put $65,000 in it it will be a nice car." That's not my aim. I plan to fix it a bit at a time, always with a budget in mind. I'll admit to having an emotional connection with these cars from high school. I'll have lots and lots of questions so be ready for that. Maybe this should be its own thread. First question. I thought buckets were buckets and a buddy seat had the bottom bench and the fold-down armrest. What are these?

500 wheels.jpg
engine wo air.jpg
500 pass grill.jpg
500 driver's grill.jpg
500 under hood.jpg
500 Pass window.jpg
500 front seat.jpg
500 dash.jpg
500 rear seat bottom.jpg
500 rear seat top.jpg

steve what do you mean bench? I have buckets and a buddy seat. Dam site wont load my pic.:BangHead:

More. I was surprised this car was sold new in Las Vegas, New Mexico where I bought it. No air conditioning! The rear bumper was nice until someone hooked a log chain to the
500 Pass bumper.jpg
500 rear window.jpg
500 Driver's rear quarter.jpg
500 Driver's rear quarter.jpg
500 driver's quarter.jpg
500 driver's door.jpg
500 steering.jpg
500 enigine with ac.jpg
steel wheels.jpg
corner.

You have the stock bucket seats with the buddy seat option. It is my favorite setup, I put them in both my B bodies.

A little rust in a crease in the trunk and a 3/4" x 6" line where the trunk pan meets the rear fender. The underside is great, frame rails, etc. I think it helps the hobby to let people in on prices. I know the 383 turns over but I have not tried to start it yet. Lots to do before that happens. It was advertised ror $12,500/ I offered $10K before I drove down there from The Springs. I got here and offered $9,500 and he said okay. He was off onto a 1967 Camaro project and I think he wanted some cash.

Last edited:
Keep us posted please!

If you can't see the photos the front seat has regular buckets but then there is a cushion between them on the floor and between the seatbacks. As I said. I thought the "Buddy Seat: had a bench seat bottom. The trim tag does show buckets.

The New Mexico desert keeps things rust-free but cooks interiors. I know the driver's door is bad but I bought a whole set of professional PDR pulling tools. I'm going to try to get it close before I call a PDR prosfessional. It's all just part of the fun.

Just driving around town I saw a crap ton of rust-free old cars. Nothing that really interested me but there's supposed to be another Mopar coming up.

Last edited:
Nice project. It looks to be solid, with some battle bruises. If it's running, driving and insured, my opinion is that the HOA, can keep their mouth shut. I don't do many projects at home but have and have never been questioned by the HOA.

I agree Jerry. I would need a tag and current registration sticker too. The rules do say no working on a car in the driveway.

It's a 383 2bbl, 727 auto, 8 3/4 rear no sure grip.

My HOA lets me do anything I want... :lol:

beebirdcruisesept62020 010.JPG

Get to work there Steve, start a restoration thread on her and we'll follow along! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Rear window corners look great.

That's a common problem area as well.

Gonna keep watching. Are there magnum wheels under all the wheel covers?

Auto Transport Service
Back