• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OKlahoma bumper chroming and seat recovering

iraqivet01

Local time
6:04 AM
Reaction score
This is just a FYI.

If you need your bumper rechromed, I just got mine back from Bumper Exchange in Oklahoma City, and they did a great job, and for a about half the price from what I saw at the venders from California at the Chickasaw Swap meet. They repaired any dents and scratches prior to rechroming. I will post some pictures when I get back to town. The front took longer due to a deep scratch on the front, but no extra cost to me!!!!!!

I got my seat covers and refoaming installed at Classen Seat covers center in OKC. I sand blasting and primed and painted the frames prior to taking them over, and they installed my new foam and covers from Legendary interiors. Their work was great and price very reasonable. it was cheaper for me to let them do it, them for me do it myself. I dropped them off on Friday evening and back the following Tuesday. (2 buckets and rear bench) I am very happy I found that shop, and they do all types of vechicles New and old.

If you want their phone number, just PM me. Great guys at both shops. Customer service was second to none, and that not always the case in my experience.

From one vet to another--- THANK YOU!!

This is just a FYI.

If you need your bumper rechromed, I just got mine back from Bumper Exchange in Oklahoma City, and they did a great job, and for a about half the price from what I saw at the venders from California at the Chickasaw Swap meet. They repaired any dents and scratches prior to rechroming. I will post some pictures when I get back to town. The front took longer due to a deep scratch on the front, but no extra cost to me!!!!!!

I got my seat covers and refoaming installed at Classen Seat covers center in OKC. I sand blasting and primed and painted the frames prior to taking them over, and they installed my new foam and covers from Legendary interiors. Their work was great and price very reasonable. it was cheaper for me to let them do it, them for me do it myself. I dropped them off on Friday evening and back the following Tuesday. (2 buckets and rear bench) I am very happy I found that shop, and they do all types of vechicles New and old.

If you want their phone number, just PM me. Great guys at both shops. Customer service was second to none, and that not always the case in my experience.

is it what you would call show chrome and what is the warranty ?

iraqivet01, can you give a general pricing? currently I am looking at $350 to $450 at a few shops here in North Alabama and Tennessee. My bumpers are straight with mild pitting if that gives you any thing to compare with.

Thanks,
DC

yeah can you post your price and car model to give us an idea. if thats not too private

I paid $360 each. No difference if the have to do minor repairs.
My front bumper had a few spots that took them a few weeks longer.to get it back to me
the shine was totally gone off and looked like someone had used a ruff buffing wheel with swirl marks all over it.
I saw a bumper dealer at a swap meet, and they wanted twice what I paid.
I got bumpers still wrapped and taped up waiting for for body work to be started.
I post some bumper **** when I get home.
I will say I was very please with the results

Here they are. they don't look like the same bumpers I dropped off a few weeks before.

bumper.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back