• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old Charger Photo Surprise

turbine68rt

Turbine Bronze Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:34 AM
Reaction score
I've been in contact with the second owner of the Charger since I bought it in '87 when I was 19. He purchased the car from a local dealer for his wife in the summer of 1970 as a trade-in. His wife passed away 2 years ago and he's now in his mid 70's. I received an email recently asking if I could stop by his house because he "has something for me". While cleaning out things around the house, he came across an envelope with some old pictures of the car, taken just after he brought it home, dated June '70. I still have all 4 chrome Magnums that came on the car originally. I thought it was great that they held onto the photos for over 50 years and passed them on to me. It will make a nice framed display at shows.

20210327_122217.jpg 20210327_121958.jpg 20210327_122122.jpg 20210327_122057.jpg 20210327_121928.jpg

Great he thought enough of you to pass those photos on to you.

Most unusual and very cool. :thumbsup:

Not many people took detailed pictures of their cars like that back in the day.

Maybe he still has that license plate and Frame hanging in his Garage....?

What a gorgeous car... nothing compares to the curb appeal of the old steel!

Maybe he still has that license plate and Frame hanging in his Garage....?
A few years ago I got lucky and spotted the exact same style plate frame at a local parts flea market and "restored" it.

Great he thought enough of you to pass those photos on to you.
Yes, definitely. Over the last 30+ years he and his wife were glad I held onto it and was taking very good care of "her baby".

Super Cool!! As mentioned it's nice that he thought of you...

i have a copy of the title for mine from the guy that owned it in the 80's always thought to see if I could track him down, not sure how the guy would react, if he's still around that is.

Auto Transport Service
Back