• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Older computer wanted (Windows 10 / Mac OS X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triplegreen500

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:53 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
So, I'm in the process of putting together my home studio (music recording/mastering). I have a live audio company, and I do local gigs with one set of electronics (wireless mix console, newer Macbook, newer iPad control). I'm building the studio around my older gig gear - a physical console (heavier than I want to carry to gigs anymore LOL) that requires an older computer, because the interface software won't work on the newer OS's.

What I need is something that runs an older version of Mac (OS X or earlier) or windows (Windows 10 or earlier). Laptop ideal but tower could work too, I have keyboards and monitors. Must have a firewire connector, a CAT5 connector, and either have 16gb RAM, or be expandable. Cosmetics, don't care. Laptop batteries don't matter, it'll live plugged in. Ditto laptop screen - I have monitors laying around. Storage, immaterial - this is the interface machine, it'll be networked to other machines and a 6TB external drive for storage.

Anyone got an old machine laying around collecting dust?

Anyone got an old machine laying around collecting dust?

Sure do! But my definition of an old computer may be different than yours...

I have a tower that was used in a home studio many years ago. Uses an AT keyboard.
No USB ports onboard.
It does have an Ethernet card.
I think it has a single 64MB SDRAM memory module.

The coolest piece is the Turtle Beach Systems Pinnacle Rev F Sound Card, vintage 1996!

It's probably too old, but let me know if you are interested and I'll see if I can boot it up.

Thanks!
burg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back