• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

On a quest

Mac The Bloody

Local time
4:19 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, hello from the frozen north.

I have been reading these forums for a couple of years, and joining is long overdue. Currently between Mopars and driving an old Pontiac Sunfire, but not for much longer. My last Mopar was a 73 Duster I had built for a friend when we were still young men. Dropped a warmed over 383 under the hood and had plenty of fun. I bought it from him when he was done with it, but I had to sell 7 or 8 years ago. Though the car is gone, my friend is still with me. He bought a house just up the street from mine. It's good to have an old friend close by. Time to do something about the car situation now.

Now, with some funds to work with, I'm looking to build another. This time I'm thinking a 1968-70 B body is what I'm after. I'll be 60 years old in less than a month and this is a "bucket list" item for me. So I'm going to build one last street machine while I'm still able to enjoy it, and take a long overdue drive across Canada. Coast to coast with the power of a big block Mopar under my right foot.

I plan to start with either a restored car or a really solid survivor. Not looking for a project that needs anything refurbished. I probably wont be looking too hard at anything that's numbers matching either since I plan on building it into a 70's style street racer. Minus the crazy "street freak" type paint etc.

Looking forward to sharing once I have found My Mopar and get started building it into my dream car, but first things first. I'll need to build a garage because I don't want my new baby sitting outside during Quesnel winters.

Hope to find my Mopar and get it built the way I want in time to make the above mentioned cross country run next year. Not looking forward to dealing with supply chain issues but I guess there's no way around that at the moment.

Ya'll keep the greasy side down and the shiny side up.

Mac The Bloody

The bottom of my car isn't greasy..... :D It's 'keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down' where I live lol. Welcome to the site but the bottom of my car isn't all that dirty either :lol:

Welcome aboard I worked at weldwood on maintaince in quesnel in mid 60s drank at Billy barker hotel , wild place then, anyway there was lots of old iron sitting around , should some nice b bodys around .

Welcome from Michigan the Motor City! 440'

Welcome: I bought this one in Quesnel in 1980. Not sure if you might remember it.

cha7.JPG cha10.JPG

Quensel! I was there for a short while in the summer of 67. Nice place, didn’t realize it was in the frozen North though. Enjoy the site.

Welcome from Alabama, good luck on your quest.

Welcome from Illinois Mac!! Best wishes finding the right car and putting that check mark on your list. Heck, why not put it on there twice?

Welcome! I'm originally from Willie's Puddle. I bought the Coronet in my avatar there in '78 & still have it. Seems I recall a B Body for sale in the okanagan that might interest you. I'll jog my memory and pm you any findings.

The bottom of my car isn't greasy..... :D It's 'keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down' where I live lol. Welcome to the site but the bottom of my car isn't all that dirty either :lol:

lol......

Welcome from Missouri!!

Auto Transport Service
Back