• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Once again I'm tapping the knowledge here -UPDATE

BIGSHCLUNK

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:05 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get ball stud clips ? (retainers??) I can find studs but not the clips :BangHead:

ball clips 1.JPG ball clips.jpeg

I have a few THOUSAND complete assemblies in my NOS aircraft hardware.. not sure they're the size you need though. What is the stud thread size and rod thread size?.. and with that I'll check my stock tomorrow.

They have those at hardware stores and farm stores, don't they?

My local Home D had nothing. Found the studs thru Summit $1.99 But without the clips does me NFG. Fastenal in my area (IF) would only sell by the box judging from past experience. Am I maybe not calling it by its proper name?

DADSBEE - at a glance I'd guess 1/4 - 28. I could verify that easy enough tomorrow.

I'll try to remember to hit the hangar and grab a few in the morning for pics and dimensions during my lunch time!

After burning a half tank of gas this morning, I was just about out of options this morning. Then it hit me...... GRAINGER... I have an account there (altho rarely used). Close by the shop too. Well that locale did not have them, but one in the next big town showed 2 in stock. After waiting before I took another drive they confirmed ..... they had 2 in stock! Of course, no nuts or washers included but at this point I didn't care ...

BALLSTUD1.JPG BALLSTUD2.JPG

Nice.. glad you're all hooked up as I never made it to the hangar. Blizzard here.. I did good to get up the gumption to walk the whole 20 feet to my shop door as it was.

They have those at hardware stores and farm stores, don't they?
This ^^^Here they are easily found at all hardware store and Farm stores. Very common part. I bought some for my Grasshopper there when replacing the linkage for the arms that control the Hydrostats.

Maybe in PA but not around here... And technically I replaced it with a heim joint (or so I've been told) ****... in my day heim joint didn't exist

LOL... all aircraft hardware, but I'm sure we could build something from it! I use this **** for everything!!! LOL
I'll have to keep you in mind when my buddy needs some aircraft parts. He's got a 1960 Bonanza.

Auto Transport Service
Back