• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinion on Paint, Input wanted

JackpotJim

Local time
3:19 PM
Reaction score
Winter is starting early here in Minnesota, the area north of me got 3 to 6 inches of snow yesterday. My main winter car project with the Coronet is purchasing a 67 3.5 inch hemi hood scoop from GlassTek and installing it on my steel hood. Looking for opinions on the color of the scoop. Is a white scoop to match the roof and stripe too much? I going for a retro super stock race car look. I'm a little concerned the white scoop will look a little cheesy. Red would be the safe choice and I'm sure would look great. Thanks!
43760048_2063956166950415_3976294449352278016_n.jpg

GS020-66-67-Mopar-Hemi-Scoop-straight-back-1 (1).jpg

Okay, you asked. Your car is gorgeous and has enough white, I would do the scoop in red.
Now if I were doing it, I would get a hinged glass hood to put the scoop on ( or just a hood with scoop built on) and save the steel hood. I've just recently noticed what people are asking for nice hoods lately. Jmo.
I wish I hadn't cut up my 62 hood for a scoop, I should have bought a glass one.

I agree with 33 IMP on not cutting up your original hood.

If you want the retro racer look, then satin black would be more of the way to go. White would be flashier, and red would be the safe route.

I would vote for the red also. I purchased another hood that already had the RO scoop and had everything painted to match. Just my 2 cents.
hood.jpg

I like all the options,,but white(too much,I think).

Red and bolt her down tight. Those sheet metal screws do not work. Nice car. Dave

Thanks guys, red it is. I agree on cutting up the steel hood, Going to check what shipping would be on a glass bolt on hood.

Last edited:
I don't know who your intended source for the hood is, but if it were me, I would turn a 500 mile trip into a mini- vacation and pick it up in person. Inspection, no shipping damage, no return hassles, no complaints.

I don't know who your intended source for the hood is, but if it were me, I would turn a 500 mile trip into a mini- vacation and pick it up in person. Inspection, no shipping damage, no return hassles, no complaints.
Yes, I agree, that or have Spee-Dee Delivery pick it up and have them check it out. Any of you midwest guys that don't know about Spee-Dee out of St. Cloud MN is a good choice if shipping a rear end, engine block or heads. One of the cheapest shipper in the Midwest.

Red, Also mabey just me but I would not want white stripes going 2 directions front and rear.

You’ve made the right choice - too much white would look a bit cheesy on a sweet ride like that. You have to go with the red bro. Keep us posted with the pics. My family has been complaining that they haven’t had any fall - winter is on its way early. Cover up!

Red scoop will look good, a set of 8 velocity stacks would look better.

You’ve made the right choice - too much white would look a bit cheesy on a sweet ride like that. You have to go with the red bro. Keep us posted with the pics. My family has been complaining that they haven’t had any fall - winter is on its way early. Cover up!
This is the coldest, wettest Fall I can remember. I feel sorry for the golf courses and bike/motorcycle shops. This cold weather really hurt their bottom line.

Auto Transport Service
Back