• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Orange Paint

69SBeeWM23

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:43 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking to source some rattle cans of orange paint for my 383. I saw an older post from JB400 but his mailbox is full. He had pictures of the correct orange and he mentioned Chaz Dallas but I don't know how to contact him or if it's still available.

I have used VHT Hemi orange.. Looks decent. Its SP120
IMG_1248.JPG

Even Chrysler/Mopar Performance sold the wrong hue of paint for so many years most don't know what is correct.

I've had my bodyman mix up ev2 for hemi orange paint. Since that's the paint code for hemi orange wouldn't that be the most correct?

I also had him mix up tb3 (corporate blue) for my 72 and up big blocks. I used to use rattle cans, but after seeing the real color applied with a paint gun there is no comparison

Thanks for all or the help and fast response. 69 had the guy I was looking for.

I also had him mix up tb3 (corporate blue) for my 72 and up big blocks. I used to use rattle cans, but after seeing the real color applied with a paint gun there is no comparison

That's why I have 6 cans of NOS "Hemi Orange" sitting in my parts room.

$25 a can whose smoking crack?
When these paint stores stick their paint in an aerosol that’s what it costs. The same Shopline PPG acrylic enamel is ~$18 for a pint. 8:1:1 mix. Those aerosols are maybe 3-4oz of actual paint. That’s why you need 2-3 cans. I can paint 2 engines with the pint. If you have no way to shoot an engine it’s what your left with.

When these paint stores stick their paint in an aerosol that’s what it costs. The same Shopline PPG acrylic enamel is ~$18 for a pint. 8:1:1 mix. Those aerosols are maybe 3-4oz of actual paint. That’s why you need 2-3 cans. I can paint 2 engines with the pint. If you have no way to shoot an engine it’s what your left with.
yep your right I had to buy a can from NAPA for my Bee- Plum Crazy perfect match

I have always used VHT Or Dupicolor. Used Dupicolor on both my Sixpack and Hemi engines years ago and both still look good. Their wrinkle finish worked great on the rocker covers also with some heat lamps and a heat gun. Wrinkled evenly all over.

20180317_135704.jpg IMG9505711.jpg

I used the VHT Hemi Orange engine paint also. It worked very well and won't break the bank.

Auto Transport Service
Back