• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ore the front turn signal bulb for ‘67 Coronet?

Milesdodge

Local time
8:54 AM
Reaction score
I know this is probably the dumbest question I can ask, but bear with me. What is the correct bulb?
Front left turn signal/marker lamp. Nothing I’ve got fits and Rockauto sent the wrong bulb too. it looks like the socket has offset pin terminals but difficult to see.

Dual filament bulb, #1157.
1 filament for lights on (steady) the other filament for turn signal (flashes brighter).
If the lens is clear, the bulb should be Amber colored, if the lens is Amber, a clear bulb will do.

Ok. Then the 1157 in Amber.
It twsts in, directionally about a quarter turn. The connections on bottom will line up when you push and turn in correctly (the base of the socket is spring loaded).
Screenshot_20211029-070813_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
1157 was the original number from back in the day.
Later cars progressed to a #2057 and so on.
There's different numbers for intensity and bulb sizes, but as long as the base (with staggered tits) fits in, and the lens covers the bulb, you're good to go.
If the socket is old you may need to wiggle the bulb a bit for a good connection, or, replace the socket.
Good luck.

Thanks all, this should be so simple, but..
I’ve enclosed 3 pics of the bulb sent by Roackauto. I cannot get it in the socket. The socket itself moves cleanly, the plunger works well, but the socket for the bulb looks like it has two offset cut aways for the bulb pins. My bulb/s don’t have that,

E06360A4-4B51-49E4-917E-CB35281361C1.jpeg D42966C2-2A62-4870-840F-22AF045E27FA.jpeg

Part numbers are for a reason. If it calls for 1157, why use a 1034? May be a slight difference in pin spacing or orientation, even if they look the same. 1157 used to be the most common small bulb used in car tail lights and park lights. Are they not available any more?

Part numbers are for a reason. If it calls for 1157, why use a 1034? May be a slight difference in pin spacing or orientation, even if they look the same. 1157 used to be the most common small bulb used in car tail lights and park lights. Are they not available any more?
I only ordered the bulb as it was listed as correct by Roackauto, over here in the UK there’s a lot of stuff we can’t get. I just tried to find an 1157 bulb as suggested, the only option is for an LED version which does have the offset prongs/pins I suspect I need. Never had this issue with bulbs before on other Mopars. Live and learn I guess, in addition can’t even buy a simple main sealed beam unit over here...all unavailable.

If they wont go in far enough to turn and lock it can be eased by filing a bit off of the two metal tits/contacts on the bottom. This will allow it to sink in farther so you can turn it to lock in place. Alternately, check the bottom of the socket for debris, a little grease on the sides and contacts, dielectric grease, will also help.
As a side note, 1157 bulbs were used in everything back in the day. All of the military trucks of the WW2 era and forwards used them.

I think they are in the FSM available at my mopar free if needed.

I only ordered the bulb as it was listed as correct by Roackauto, over here in the UK there’s a lot of stuff we can’t get. I just tried to find an 1157 bulb as suggested, the only option is for an LED version which does have the offset prongs/pins I suspect I need. Never had this issue with bulbs before on other Mopars. Live and learn I guess, in addition can’t even buy a simple main sealed beam unit over here...all unavailable.
I have some extra headlights and 1157 bulbs hanging around. What's yer address?

I have some extra headlights and 1157 bulbs hanging around. What's yer address?
Thanks for the kind thought, but I’m over in the UK and it would cost too much and be a hassle for you, but I appreciate it.

Thanks for the kind thought, but I’m over in the UK and it would cost too much and be a hassle for you, but I appreciate it.
No hassle for me at all. Zip. It would be a small box, one headlight and some bulbs? Cheap. Say the word and they are on the way my friend. Ghost

I will see what the cost is today. I'll let u know what the damage will be. Then you can decide.

Auto Transport Service
Back