• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Organasol or not

clazar

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:02 AM
Reaction score
I've been told cars from the Los Angeles plant ( 70 Roadrunner ) came with organasol hood paint treatment. With a repaint coming, is that true. Or what other paints did they use ?

I've been told it's a real pain to keep clean, you need to blot the surface.

SEM "hot rod black" cleans up with windex and a paper towel
There are plenty of Chevrolet and Ford colors you could choose also. Any of which will allow you to further bastardize your car. Similar to saying "I want to start dating, should I choose women or something else?"

I just use Windex to clean it and Lemon Pledge on a rag to help with a nice appearance.

Similar to saying "I want to start dating, should I choose women or something else?"

/Larry the Cable Guy Mode "ON"

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!

/Larry the CAble Guy Mode "OFF"

The blackout hood paint is code V21 on the fender tag or broadcast sheet. It was an option, not standard on b-body from any plant.

I did body & paint on a 70 AAR cuda. I was told that organasol is what the factory used on the hood & top of fenders. It is a textured black. Yes it is very hard to keep clean. I was used on some tail panels also. If my info is correct the AAR cuda & T/A challengers were the only ones that got that paint on the hoods. It is not a smooth finish.

SDC10158.JPG SDC10157.JPG

I did body & paint on a 70 AAR cuda. I was told that organasol is what the factory used on the hood & top of fenders. It is a textured black. Yes it is very hard to keep clean. I was used on some tail panels also. If my info is correct the AAR cuda & T/A challengers were the only ones that got that paint on the hoods. It is not a smooth finish.

View attachment 1090951 View attachment 1090952
Organisol was used on the glass A12 hoods in 69 also.

Wasn't Organisol also used on the Road Runner hoods that were coded V21?

Paint on a car is the same as looking at a woman. Make-up, clothing and presentation is why you look in the first place. It is what makes these cars look sexy. If you ruin that initial first glance, you don't get a second chance. It can be beautiful or lipstick on a pig. Show that you care about your car and enjoy the looks that come your way. Otherwise you just have a custom painted hot-rod and might as well paint the suspension red and lower to where it drags on the ground. I prefer a dress over sweatpants and want lookers to know I went the extra distance to impress.

Paint on a car is the same as looking at a woman. Make-up, clothing and presentation is why you look in the first place. It is what makes these cars look sexy. If you ruin that initial first glance, you don't get a second chance. It can be beautiful or lipstick on a pig. Show that you care about your car and enjoy the looks that come your way. Otherwise you just have a custom painted hot-rod and might as well paint the suspension red and lower to where it drags on the ground. I prefer a dress over sweatpants and want lookers to know I went the extra distance to impress.

I'm going to have organasol sprayed on it. But my original question goes to did all the other plants use it on the Roadrunners & GTX's.

What paint did the other plants use for the hood treatment ?

If you had performance hood treatment V21 code, AAR cuda, or T/A challenger they all used Organosol. The level of texture and sheen could vary from day to day depending on atmospheric conditions, technique, and whether or not the guy doing had a hangover our not.

True organosol that they used in the day is no longer available. PPG DDL was the next closest thing until it was discontinued (I still have a pint mixed that I may sell) and apparently there is a company that has their equivalent that is close either called or owned by Frank Balderson. (You can search the forum on that or google it)

Most modern day resto’s are using a hotrod black or equivalent in non textured for ease of application, durability, and ease of cleaning and maintenance.

D5CA02CA-D2BB-4E5C-8A88-3E03C8EF23C7.jpeg

What paint did the other plants use for the hood treatment ?

This one was just done in hotrod black and I’m happy I went that way. The original stuff looks cool but trust me it’s more difficult to maintain.

Hot rod black
7D30373F-1690-423E-B6AB-CBF7817B5B5C.jpeg

Oranosol. (Zoom in some and you can probably see the texture)
5BFE25D3-BAD3-46AA-99C5-8C89B271055D.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back