• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB original 1969 roadrunner six pack hood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you post a few pictures of it? While an original A12 hood may look good, there are a few details which are costly to repair.

D

if truly mint it can catch a good buck
around 2k
bee hoods seem scarcer
and they will go for more, around 2.5k
we are talking crème of the crop
most hoods are beat up or previously repaired...

It’s worth a lifetime of smiles and enjoyment to me, visitation rights, and maybe a cruise or two in the car if you can swing me a real good deal on it!! I’ll pick it up too which means no hassle for you. This car is screaming for one
78605B74-7789-489B-A6EB-8591FC5458C7.jpeg

you should take more pics
the money shots are the underside..

The "tells" are on the other side. Pics of the underneath are needed to truly determine it's authenticity as an A12 Runner hood. There's some decent reproduction hoods out there but the 50yr old A12 hood is easy to spot as they're pretty sloppy (not so smooth) and the green resin is the key.

As a brand new piece in '69, they were not near "show" quality. They were built to be driven hard. Cosmetics not a big concern.

i have known about this hood for 38 years since i was a kid when a family friend bought it and put it on his car. it was restored about five years ago when another friend bought it but never put it on his car. i will take my color scope camera in the pin holes this weekend to show what i can. im not going to sand any of the hood. no need to. i know what it is.

The pics to me, the underneath looks too smooth. That being said, maybe someone decided to sand it smooth because it looked a mess.

A small area can be wiped with solvent on the area where the air box seal rubs to reveal the "green resin", no need to sand. I highly doubt anyone with any interest in an authentic A12 hood will detract any value in doing so, as it IS the way to authenticate it. Feel good stories about who bought it, when and where are nice but lend very little when authenticity of a 50 year old hood is needed. They've been repopping these hoods for a very long time. I remember them in Year One catalogues from the 80's, as well seeing one on the wall at Harden's Muscle Car World (long gone, bought by NPD).
It's a nice clean hood, no doubt.....But, if your wanting to sell, it's the difference between a $600 hood and a $2,000 hood. Remember, you asked what a mint original A12 hood was going for ………...and you've checked the boxes mint and A12...…...next is original or reproduction.
Big D, is perhaps more in tune with a few other fine details as he's well known in the A12 world and absolutely knows his stuff. What say you Darrin?

The pics to me, the underneath looks too smooth. That being said, maybe someone decided to sand it smooth because it looked a mess.

Looking closely at the pictures posted, I believe this is the case. Someone took the liberty of softening the texture on the bottom of the hood prior to paint. Not a big deal except to OE detail fanatics. In a judging environment, this would be a deduction.

A small area can be wiped with solvent on the area where the air box seal rubs to reveal the "green resin", no need to sand. I highly doubt anyone with any interest in an authentic A12 hood will detract any value in doing so, as it IS the way to authenticate it.

Mike Ketterer, I to recommend exposing some of the resin as suggested. I would not buy the hood without seeing the green resin.

FROM WHAT I CAN SEE IN THE PICTURES, this is an original hood with some work done to it. My only concern is the nose section of the scoop. Demonguy (Ingo is that you?), can you post a picture of the inside of the nose with the camera about a foot away from it. A close up of the outside would be helpful as well.

I hope this helps....

D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back