• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Original Mopar 6 Pack Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

nstyle73

Local time
1:53 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I believe I had this listed for sale once before but I cannot find the thread. This intake came with a 71 V-Code car I bought. The previous owner had painted it orange to match the 71's. It is aluminum. I was told that it came off his dad's Super Bee. At the time I was not really up on what that meant. The research I have been able to do has led me to the conclusion that this is a real deal as it matches an intake on a car that won the Mopar Nationals. Mainly, the "6" on the part number is one of the unique features of the original manifolds and there is no "CH6B" part number cast on the manifold, and there is no evidence that it has been removed. There is lots of information on the Six Pack/Lift-Off Hood Playground website or in the A12 forum here, so please check those out for information or contact me and I can send you the links to where I found this information. I have included a picture of the heat riser showing the original rough casting intact. The intake also includes the choke. Asking $550 plus shipping from 64420. Last time I was contacted by someone telling me it was one of the parts counter intakes and then he offered to buy it for half price. If you have legit info on why it is not the real deal, please feel free to contact me or post in the thread.

Attachments

• IMG_0351.jpg
    IMG_0351.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 560
  • IMG_0352.jpg
    IMG_0352.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_0354.jpg
    IMG_0354.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 503
Here is an original A12 intake,the middle casting numbers are deformed,some are actually missing.It would be hard to convince those that know that your intake not an over the counter intake.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is an original A12 intake,some casting numbers are deformed some are missing,yours look to be complete.It would be hard for those that know to believe your intake is not an over the counter intake.Image-2872740-214494141-2-WebLarge_0_0792af9294daef1492d2922e50193983_1.jpgView attachment 309249

I did find two others like yours that had missing/hard to read part numbers, and both are on Ebay right now, and both have "CH6B" cast into them. The "squished 6", which has apparently been debated as almost looking like an "8" is what cannot be fabricated. Here is a picture of the parts counter Edelbrock. I own this one, but they all have the "CH6B" and the part number will look similar.

Attachments

• DSCN8288.jpg
    DSCN8288.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
The intake I posted has no CH6B..

I just sold an intake like the one you have pictured. It did not have the CH6B casting. All the numbers were uniform. I couldn't verify it wasn't an original A12 intake, so I didn't sell it as an original. Hope that helps you.

Here is where I found a similarly stamped manifold that was on the 2009 winner according to the poster, who is a moderator at the A12 site. If you read the entire thread, there is debate as always and if you scroll towards the bottom, reply 23 shows a similar manifold. http://a12mopar.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1363232376;start=all. Also, the link to the Moparts website also has more pics and info. Like I said, I advertised based on this research and nowhere did I find a discussion of the "smashed six" being over the counter. There is some mention of part number appearing to end in an "8", but the picture of it clearly shows that it is a different casting than this. That is the best I can do.

Looks exactly like one of mine, the other is casting # 3412068 both being '69- 691/2. Check out Chrysler intake manifold casting numbers site you'll find the correct info there, price is fair for some one that NEEDS/WANTS an original,
Sounds like the other guy at 50% offer was SCAMMING you,,
Good Luck with the sale!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back