• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Owner Documentation

oldchevelle541

Local time
10:04 AM
Reaction score
Greetings Mopar Enthusiasts,
I have been a GM enthusiast for many years as members of my family have worked at local GM plants. I have during the last year or so become interested in finding a nice Mopar and maybe selling my GM ride. The real question I have is this.

Regardless of the condition or price of the car whether its $20k or $120K how much added value do you place on the car if it is being sold by the original owner or if it comes with the original documentation such as window sticker, dealer bill of sale etc. Is too much value being placed on these items today hence over inflating the price of the advertised cars. What I am running into is that perhaps a car is being advertised for $50K but you believe the car itself is worth $35K. How much do I add to the $35K if the car comes with the original paperwork. Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Greetings Mopar Enthusiasts,
I have been a GM enthusiast for many years as members of my family have worked at local GM plants. I have during the last year or so become interested in finding a nice Mopar and maybe selling my GM ride. The real question I have is this.

Regardless of the condition or price of the car whether its $20k or $120K how much added value do you place on the car if it is being sold by the original owner or if it comes with the original documentation such as window sticker, dealer bill of sale etc. Is too much value being placed on these items today hence over inflating the price of the advertised cars. What I am running into is that perhaps a car is being advertised for $50K but you believe the car itself is worth $35K. How much do I add to the $35K if the car comes with the original paperwork. Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome aboard. The 'value' of the documentation is in line with the desirability or rarity of the car (such as any multi carb car or hemi 'Cuda), desireable options (four speed vs column automatic) low or desirable original colors (black vs green), odd options and some other factors that sets that particular car off from similar or other cars.

If it's a column automatic /6 Satellite, it matters a lot less than if it's a four speed road Runner and a lot whole less than a Hemi GTX convertible. The more money you have wrapped up in the car, the more it matters.

Thanks for quick response - looking at it through your perspective makes sense. I will keep all in mind as I continue my search.

Auto Transport Service
Back