• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original-style rivets

Grady Cain

Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone out there know of or have a source for the original-style blind rivets that would be used to attach the various brackets to the heater box assembly? I know standard rivets will work but I'm looking to duplicate the exact factory look. Thanks!

Those are not blind rivets, they are called "Semi-hollow Tube Rivets" and they will take special tools to install them. McMaster-Carr, Hanson Rivet and I think Grainger will have both tools and rivets. Even the Ace Hardware in my area carries the rivets. The hand clincher will look like a modified transfer punch and uses a hammer to set the rivets.

Those are not blind rivets, they are called "Semi-hollow Tube Rivets" and they will take special tools to install them. McMaster-Carr, Hanson Rivet and I think Grainger will have both tools and rivets. Even the Ace Hardware in my area carries the rivets. The hand clincher will look like a modified transfer punch and uses a hammer to set the rivets.
Thank you very much for your response and the info!

Auto Transport Service
Back