• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our brains are weird.

SteveSS

Local time
4:28 AM
Reaction score
This morning for no reason, the old Coke commercial, "I'd Like to buy the world a Coke" popped into my head. I can't remember where I put a wrench 2 minutes ago but I could remember all the lyrics and melody of this song.

1971. They had to shoot the commercial 3 times because of rain. They raided all the embassies in Rome to get young people of different races. The whole thing ended up costing $250,000 which was unheard of at the time. It has always been on the list of best commercials. It also had two pop recordings without the word Coke.

Yes it's funny you try to recall something and can't. Later all of a sudden answer pops into your head. Brains subconscious still looks for the answer.

OMG, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I can remember carb #'s, engine spec's, etc., etc., but sometimes forget a grand kid's name. I think gray hair has a bad effect on the brain.

Yes it's funny you try to recall something and can't. Later all of a sudden answer pops into your head. Brains subconscious still looks for the answer.
This is a frequent thing for creative people. When you hit a metaphoric wall, trying to push through is often pointless. Relax and divert your attention elsewhere and go at it again later.
Often with these cars, I get in a jam and post a question online about it. Invariably, the responses are often something that I already knew but was too frustrated to recall.

the earliest learning stays the longest , me thinks the old brain says enough in the storage files , I remember things from trade school better than what i learned 3 yrs ago .

There's a holdup in the Bronx, Brooklyn's broken out in fights, there's a traffic jam in Harlem that's backed up to Jackson Heights, there's a scout troop short a child, Kruschev's due in Idlewild.... CAR 54 WHERE ARE YOU ? { yes, that's etched into my brain from when I watched it as a kid } Toody & Muldoon ! Joe E. Ross & Fred Gwynne

Back in the 70's I worked in TV at a place that shot TV commercials. We did regional and national spots for ad agencies all over the east coast. Ad agencies would have music - jingles as they were known, produced to be the anchoring basis of commercials. Many were ones that you could not get out of your head, which was the measure of how good and effective they were. The folks that wrote the lyrics and music for these commercials had a saying "Nobody hums the announcer"....

...and frequently responds at unlikely times such as 2:00 am.

The start of the NON white commercials on TV now

Auto Transport Service
Back