• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Outside door handles - 73 Charger

mopar73dge

Local time
9:45 PM
Reaction score
I just tried installing new (Trim Parts) outside door handles on my 73 Charger. One stud on the handle loosened up and now spins you can't tighten the nut, or loosen it, beware and try the nut on it before you install them, nothing is made well anymore not even a reproduction claiming it is the best. These handles have a locking nut included from the factory, and two extra non- locking nuts I am not sure why that is maybe it is because they will not take the proper torque? and you have to use the plain nuts?
Of course they will want the part back for exchange, but that is impossible since it will not come off! I will need to make a metal shim bent to fit tight to fit between the nut and the door sheet metal from inside and help snug it up.
Any other ideas are welcome

I had the same issue with my 73. Fastenal had what I needed, a shim.

same door handel part? from Trim Parts? I just e-mailed them to see what they will do for me

when buying junk china repo parts
its always a good idea to deal with a place with a good return policy

when buying junk china repo parts
its always a good idea to deal with a place with a good return policy
This is a Trim Parts product USA made junk

20191017_064119.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back