• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overstock Leaf Springs / 73 Satellite

r0yce

Local time
9:36 AM
Reaction score
Hiya guys,

last year I swapped my old and worn leaf springs for new ones.
Unfortunately, the rear of the car is still very low (like it's overloaded).
I thought about swapping the leaf springs again for a pair of 1" or 2" overstock springs (from Espo).
Does anyone of you have pics of said combination, preferably a 73 Satellite / Roadrunner?
Expectation is not to have the car look like a "wedge" but get the rear to a comfortable height again.

I'll add a pic of the current stance tomorrow when I get to the garage.

Thanks in advance!
Paul

Last edited:
These are ESPO 6 leaf HD stock height.

IMG_3220.JPG

Thanks for the pic!
I also have 6 leaf ESPO springs in it but my rear end is way further down. I would guess 2 inches, if not more

Almost sounds like you have a set of weak springs or a set or -1 or -2 on there now. You don't have lowering blocks, do you? Stock height springs should look like T2R9's pic above.

Almost sounds like you have a set of weak springs or a set or -1 or -2 on there now. You don't have lowering blocks, do you? Stock height springs should look like T2R9's pic above.
I just checked in my emails, I bought new ones in 2021, these were 6 leaf ESPO springs, no -1 or even -2.
To my knowledge, there are now lowering blocks in the car.
Attached is a pic of the car's stance with these springs

IMG-7303.jpg

That is not as bad as I had imagined. Looks like 14" wheels? Some 275/60/15's would fill up the wheelwell better. Also, the orange car above has a rounded wheel well arch, and yours doesn't. So you really can't compare the 2.

That is not as bad as I had imagined. Looks like 14" wheels? Some 275/60/15's would fill up the wheelwell better. Also, the orange car above has a rounded wheel well arch, and yours doesn't. So you really can't compare the 2.
Was thinking the same thing when I saw Royce's pic! They actually look like 13's but I know that no 13" rallye's were made for the large bolt pattern. And yeah, I'd go with a much larger tire like what you mentioned.

You got a point with the rounded wheel well arch, I didnt notice that.
Thing is that only this specific tire / rim configuration is allowed for my vehicle (Germany doind Germany things...)
When the car is fully loaded (full trunk, 2-3 passengers) while going to car meetings, the rear drops even more (obviously) and seems dangerously low to me.

I'll have a look tomorrow at the garage what exact tire size I currently have on the rims

You got a point with the rounded wheel well arch, I didnt notice that.
Thing is that only this specific tire / rim configuration is allowed for my vehicle (Germany doind Germany things...)
When the car is fully loaded (full trunk, 2-3 passengers) while going to car meetings, the rear drops even more (obviously) and seems dangerously low to me.

I'll have a look tomorrow at the garage what exact tire size I currently have on the rims
Didn't notice where you were from and yeah, Germany really is restrictive on what you can do with your car. I loved being there for the 1 1/2 years that I was there except for not being able to make my car 'better'....what was ok in the early 70's doesn't hold true today imo.

Auto Transport Service
Back