• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

P369256A Blue ECU.. Is it the old race one??

4406brl

Local time
6:40 PM
Reaction score
Is this ECU the old Blue w/ Gold heat sink the Race one or not??? The Old Mopar book said it was Nascar or Super Stock race ECU.. Thx.

image0-3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes race only not sure what ballast though. Prob the .25 one definatekty not for daiy driving.

I tried it on the street for a few weeks

"May bee used with standard coil / ballast to 7000 Rpm’s"

I couldn’t get my 383/432 to 7000 Rpm’s so I took it off

LOL

Used a Factory .5 OHM Ballast - Tried two different coils , low ohm and standard

I can keep it simple - It’s not designed for street use / Cruise / Idle

Hops nailed it

IMG_1649.jpeg

IMG_1648.jpeg

There is a reason they are "race only" with a low ohm ballast they get hot because they are doing what they are made for output wise and cool off between runs. The larger the ballast the lower the RPM it will achieve. One reason the chrome boxes get slammed all the time they are running a 1 ohm ballast alotso break up at high RPM.

This is the best street ECU I have tested

Idle thru 5500 RPMs

Chrysler 4111850

IMG_1791.jpeg

IMG_1783.jpeg

That was Mopars workhorse there. Then the Older orang box which are crap today they are "authorized" or "replaces" IE China

I have an older orange box that is marked "MADE IN USA"

I'll have to check the part number on it

You want ones like this with Stamped Numbers Part Numbers - Chrysler Stamp

IMG_0141.jpeg

IMG_0140.jpeg

Usually. But some of the "authorised by" ones have that also. That link I posted nails real from fake.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have seen them with both. Hard to navigate them. The transistor hight pretty much nails if it is real as in old.

Looking for a pic of one. Figures cant find one. The worst are in the moapr authorized dist kits half fail out of the box or shortly afterwards.

these are about as misleading as you can get
001-3-650x433.jpg

Yes fake transistor with no heat sink under

And no Chrysler stamping

Are those the NEW Mopar Performance ECU s ?

Yes fake transistor with no heat sink under

And no Chrysler stamping

Are those the NEW Mopar Performance ECU s ?
Yes the ones in the authorized kits and some vendros.

Auto Transport Service
Back