• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint code & name for 70 GTX tail panel

EV2 GTX

Local time
5:59 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys....

Just wondering if anyone knows the name and code of the black paint used on the tail panel of the 70...

:edgy:

Attachments

• IMG_3347.jpg
    IMG_3347.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 4,392
Last edited:
I'd wager this is the same tail panel paint as used on a 70 Cuda, and the hood stripes on a 70 RR/GTX, which was called organasol (sp?). You can get it in a rattle can from Totally Auto.

It is either Argent Silver 168Y13 OR Astrotone Silver 169Y16

Bottom row center Courtesy of Hamtramck Historicals

197020plymouth20paint20chips20p1.jpg

I'd wager this is the same tail panel paint as used on a 70 Cuda, and the hood stripes on a 70 RR/GTX, which was called organasol (sp?). You can get it in a rattle can from Totally Auto.

It is either Argent Silver 168Y13 OR Astrotone Silver 169Y16

Bottom row center Courtesy of Hamtramck Historicals

197020plymouth20paint20chips20p1.jpg

Thanks gents....the silver color is helpful as well...would the black be the one listed to the far right...Three tone black and gray no 846??

Not sure why Dart Dave was referring to Argent silver on a 70 tail panel unless he was thinking of the argent silver on a 69 GTX tail panel???

Not sure why Dart Dave was referring to Argent silver on a 70 tail panel unless he was thinking of the argent silver on a 69 GTX tail panel???

That could be...I do need to know the silver color for around the tail lights, so now I just need to figure out which silver to use...:grin:

It's all a help...thanks

For a 70 coronet R/T tail panel at least I am told a very close match to the factory color is John Deere Blitz Black. Low gloss. This paint is tough too. And it will save you some money. Good luck

Attachments

• 2010-12-30 13[1].17.57.jpg
    2010-12-30 13[1].17.57.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 744
Thanks gents....the silver color is helpful as well...would the black be the one listed to the far right...Three tone black and gray no 846??

No, that is the spatter paint INSIDE the trunk.

For a 70 coronet R/T tail panel at least I am told a very close match to the factory color is John Deere Blitz Black. Low gloss. This paint is tough too. And it will save you some money. Good luck

Thanks Mike....appreciate that, good to know!

I made a mistake....silver was on my mind for some reason.

The black listed right above the silvers is what you need.

6pakmike is correct about the John Deere paint.

Auto Transport Service
Back