• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint code QQ1

Gregg DeGeorge

Local time
4:43 AM
Reaction score
Putting together a 68 Roadrunner thought QQ1 was more a turquoise color ???I guess my car was repainted that color ,I already have a 73 Clallenger B5 blue looks pretty close to that

Yep. Just a tad darker. My 68 GTX in QQ1...

GTXer.jpg

Putting together a 68 Roadrunner thought QQ1 was more a turquoise color ???I guess my car was repainted that color ,I already have a 73 Clallenger B5 blue looks pretty close to that
I have been doing research on QQ! and B5. QQ1 was a one year color 1968. it does not look turquoise. It is a little darker than B5 which didn't come out till 1969. It appears that there were about 3 shades of B5 through the years
QQ1 is called " electric blue poly" and has quite a bit of metallic in it. I have been having some problems getting the correct formula from local paint sources. Martin Seynore ( Sherwin Williams) sold by NAPA seems to be able to mix it. ............................MO

Qq1 is nearly spot on to b5 in my opinion
No offense, but I have to dis agree. See my earlier post. There was even differences between B5's. I have been told by painters that spray gun settings can make the same paint appear different.................................MO

What brand paint is that, and is it clear coat- base coat, acrylic enamel , urathane or what?
Also Dodge had the QQ1 but it was called something other than electric blue poly---maybe " bright blue". not sure on that.....................MO
Dodge called it bright blue poly.

Mama Mopar worked hard to get us confused......In 1966 the Plymouth paint code QQ1 was dark red poly.

No offense, but I have to dis agree. See my earlier post. There was even differences between B5's. I have been told by painters that spray gun settings can make the same paint appear different.................................MO

No no no, you took me wrong. QQ1 is definitely not B5 and yes there are quite a few shades and hues of B5 E,G etc.

But youll have to agree that QQ1 is similar to B5, I shouldnt have said almost spot on. My mistake.

I have a QQ1 car in paint right now (68 charger)

Once again this is why that first alpha character is important.

EB5, GB5, KB5.

All different.

What brand paint is that, and is it clear coat- base coat, acrylic enamel , urathane or what?
Also Dodge had the QQ1 but it was called something other than electric blue poly---maybe " bright blue". not sure on that.....................MO

I purchased the car already painted. It is bc-cc.

No no no, you took me wrong. QQ1 is definitely not B5 and yes there are quite a few shades and hues of B5 E,G etc.

But youll have to agree that QQ1 is similar to B5, I shouldnt have said almost spot on. My mistake.

I have a QQ1 car in paint right now (68 charger)
Can you tell me what brand of paint it is or where obtained and if it is base-clear, acrylic enamel, urathane, etc. I am having a little problem finding it locally, but they aren't to good at finding something that is an older code. Thanks................................MO

Can you tell me what brand of paint it is or where obtained and if it is base-clear, acrylic enamel, urathane, etc. I am having a little problem finding it locally, but they aren't to good at finding something that is an older code. Thanks................................MO

I will ask my painter but I believe it is TCP Global or something like that.

I will ask my painter but I believe it is TCP Global or something like that.
I know who you are talking about, been to their website. They had most of the information that came from my research. Problem is, they package the paint and associated materials under their own label Probably a name brand paint, but to make everything compatable and you come up short on material, you have to order it from them. .............................MO

Thanks for the info Painted my engine compartment last weekend used Nason single stage ,it's a little brighter than B5 I also have 73 Challenger B5 blue ,for some reason I thought the car was turquoise,the QQ1. Blue does look good thanks Gregg

There are many different B5 Blue colors.
This was just from my experience in finding my blue paint color.
I went with Electric Blue which was a 1968 or '69 color I believe.

Chrysler called it Electric Blue.
Dodge called it Bright Blue.

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/paintdetail.cgi?ppg=13354

Regardless of what it's called the PPG code number is 13354.
You can't just go by a color's name, they can have the same name and be very different colors from one year to the next and also from one car manufacturer to another.
Depends on the brand of paint also but, you can cross reference the codes at www.paintref.com

Have fun! I was stuck in that paint decision maze for weeks!

It's crazy I know....

Auto Transport Service
Back