• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint for 72 SSP Dash Frame

gibber

Local time
7:30 PM
Reaction score
I’ve pulled the instrument cluster on my 72 SSP and the metal dash has several scratches when I purchased the car. Has anyone found the correct dash paint? Mine is black and I want to match the OE matte finish that is on there now.

Thanks

Mark

OEM Suede Lacquer Paint – Black: $199.00/pint, Colors: $249.00 & up/pint available from http://www.instrument-specialties.com/products/

Price has doubled since the last time I checked.

Hopefully you have someone that knows how to spray lacquer paint as it can laydown differently depending upon the temperature and humidity, and if it dries too quickly, it turns "hairy" or rough like 60 grit sand paper.

Here is black on the glove box door, dash, and steering column for your reference.
IMAG1589.jpg

IMAG1383.jpg
IMAG1592.jpg

I used this trim paint from autozone and it worked great. The get the spackle texture you have to practice with spraying distance

Picture 3881.jpg Picture 3878.jpg Picture 3880.jpg Picture 3883.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back