• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint gaskets ?

Purepony

Local time
8:45 PM
Reaction score
I’m painting my intake but it’s already installed. Do you guys paint over the gaskets or not?
Should I take the gaskets or just paint over ?
Also is it better to use primer or not ?

Thanks

FE2DE26F-32FB-4DA6-B19A-864F93B97431.jpeg

29B3285D-163B-4AEE-B8D6-73205EDA93A9.jpeg

Yup, if you wan it to look factory, paint over the gaskets and the bypass hose as well. I personally paint my aluminum intakes for several reasons. Easier to clean, looks less cluttered with different colors, and reminds me of the old Traco & Penske TransAm engines. Aluminum heads, same deal.

Yup, if you wan it to look factory, paint over the gaskets and the bypass hose as well. I personally paint my aluminum intakes for several reasons. Easier to clean, looks less cluttered with different colors, and reminds me of the old Traco & Penske TransAm engines. Aluminum heads, same deal.
That’s what I was thinking. Awesome thanks !

I would paint it, but I don't paint my hoses. Primer is your at your discretion. The engine I'm currently doing will be primed and painted, but that aluminum intake should be fine either way.

I use self-etching primer on the aluminum.

Auto Transport Service
Back