• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint mask for headlamp bezels?

493 Mike

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:46 AM
Reaction score
Hi fellas,
I need to repaint the headlamp bezels for my 65 Belvedere. Does anyone have a source for painting mask to cover the myriad of little bars in the design? I think these can be laser scanned a produced on a graphic machine?
Mike

I haven’t seen masks for any of these old cars when it comes to grill and trim paint. Are the ridges raised? I looked a pic of a 65 bezel and I would tape off the area where the bars are, paint it, then wipe off the high spots with acetone.

I haven’t seen masks for any of these old cars when it comes to grill and trim paint. Are the ridges raised? I looked a pic of a 65 bezel and I would tape off the area where the bars are, paint it, then wipe off the high spots with acetone.
I have considered that process but, as in the case of hand painting the multiple little rectangles, I am not that good with steady hand work.
Mike

find a pin strip that is the is the width you need to cover the parts you need covered. that way you only need to cut to length... just a thought.

Detail work like this is a chose, but well worth it. Get a good exacto knife set.....and get on her.

Somebody with the patience of a saint taped one off, egad.

Auto Transport Service
Back