• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint

That’s how I did mine.
I used Frank Badalson’s paint (ppg acrylic enamel)
I also used PPG epoxy primer even though Frank recommends no primer for a 100% accurate finish. I wanted the durability, so I primed it.

Contrary to popular belief, automotive paint will not cook off as an engine only gets to just over 200 degrees. If you cook your paint off, you have bigger problems than the paint.

Frank Badalson carries the correct mixes......

I too apply a thin coat of primer prior to paint......

If someone is trying to do a factory correct engine paint job. The process they displayed in the pictures is incorrect...

Which steps were incorrect?
one big one and that is painting the water pump housing separate from the block......another is the plug wire brackets were not installed.....all the areas that didn’t get coverage well or at all.....the balancer did not get rotated to paint the section under the timing marks...

There are more but that’s a few...my thread here shows how one should do an or type assembly...

Auto Transport Service
Back