• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

paint ?

stingger68

Local time
12:37 PM
Reaction score
i have been given a gallon of citrus yellow and was wondering if any one can tell me if i need any thing for it, like clear coat or hardener. her is the info on the can.

its from car quest

ful-cryl ll acrylic enamel ss alt:

Nason Fulcryl 2 requires a hardener at around an 8:1 ratio (you need only a little). I prefer a wet-look hardener for this type of enamel. DO NOT use it witout the hardener. The paint will never cure and will be gooey forever.

Also, it needs a specific activator/thinner, I can't remember it now, but the Nason website can help.

Randy

thanks, i'll go there and check. also one more thing, will one gallon paint my 68 charger or do i need to get more?

date on the can is 10/4/2008. and i do want the door jambs etc done. how much more would i need to get if i mix it at 8:1:2? i opened the can today and mixed it and it looks good.

I wouldn't use the ful-cryl on the outside, I would just use what was given to you for the jambs, engine bay, inside of trunk, etc. I would atleast step up to ful-thane (single stage urethane) for the outside of the body..... or use ful-base and the clear of your choice. Urethane or basecoat/clearcoat will be a whole lot more durable than Acrylic enamel, not to mention acrylic enamel color fades out rather quickly. Just my 2 cents.
So far what painting Ive done on my Charger I used Nason ful-base and Nason select clear (465-00). Pretty decent paint for a lower line, the only thing with Nason color matches are not exact, but with an all over paint job, thats not a big issue.

Jason

I'd have to agree with jaak, acrylic enamel is not the most durable finish. BC/CC is ultimately the way to go...it's all about the money with paint! I would be concerned about the age of the paint, shelf life of mixed paint is usually about a year...

I agree with all the posts here. They are all right on the money. So far this forum gets better and better!!

Your car deserves better than enamel, trust me. I lean heavily towards basecoat/clearcoat than single stage Urethane, but either are major step up from fulcryl which I use for engine parts, steelies (non-resto), and mailboxes.

Randy

I agree with all the posts here. They are all right on the money. So far this forum gets better and better!!

Your car deserves better than enamel, trust me. I lean heavily towards basecoat/clearcoat than single stage Urethane, but either are major step up from fulcryl which I use for engine parts, steelies (non-resto), and mailboxes.

Randy

don't forget the beer fridges...:)

Auto Transport Service
Back