• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pair of Superbirds in Brainard MN?

belvedere 67

Local time
10:47 PM
Reaction score
My brother in law seen a ad on Craigslist in the Brainerd MN area last week. It read something like this "My dad passed away , and now I'm selling some of his old race cars. There are 2, 69 or 70's Plymouth race cars with lots of decals and huge wings on the back. And a shed full of racecar parts. $1900.00 takes all." Now there was only a email address so he emailed her saying they are worth a lot more than 1900.00. He didn't hear anything back and a half hour later the ad was gone. He copied of a picture of the ad and it showed one Petty blue Superbird , that was in a shed. One thing that was odd is the top didn't have a vinyl top. I thought all Superbirds had vinyl tops. Anyways, does anybody know if this was a legit ad , or did someone get the deal of a lifetime?

If racing, "they" removed the vinyl top
YES, ALL Superbirds had vinyl tops
(A reason for that)

All STREET versions had vinyl tops. :)

RichardPettyGNPlymouthSuperbird1970.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back