• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pandoras box-what was I thinking

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:43 AM
Reaction score
Decided to do my dash harness and this happened. Taking console out and installing buddy seat.Does it ever end.:BangHead:

P1020669.JPG P1020670.JPG

Its a rabbit hole! Once you start...

You went looking for trouble and found it. Bad time year to start digging a hole.
Spring has sprung and davek ain't done. Sorry couldn't resist. :rolleyes::D

And I thought that **** only happened to ME!

Better to do it now because summer will be stinking hot.

While you’re there, pull up the carpet and lay down some Dynamat. That will help keep the heat and noise out later.

Once you start, then you find other things..I know the feeling......Love the white interior!

Hey while your there might as well _________.:)

I call it....
"The SNOWball effect."

And I thought that was normal occurrence. Something like taking the back tire off to replace a tail pipe.

Just curious, are you replacing under dash harness?
Thsts where my work stalled for this spring. I decided it would be easier to remove dash frame and assemble the entire dash then reinstall.
Dont quite have it in me right now.

Thsts where my work stalled for this spring. I decided it would be easier to remove dash frame and assemble the entire dash then reinstall.

No doubt that is easier to work on it out of the car, however, you have to pull the windshield to get the entire dash out.

Also a good opportunity to put a quality speaker in the dash.

No doubt that is easier to work on it out of the car, however, you have to pull the windshield to get the entire dash out.
I spent about 2 hours sitting on the floor of my car looking at the wiring harness, utterly clueless. (I bought the car in pieces).
After looking at few builds by some of the more knowledgeable members, I came to the conclusion that that was really the only way to do it. Now its simply a matter of when to.

Its not that bad doing the dash harness. Just label connections and take your time. Yep you will find that 1 wire you cant figure out. Like my reverse light on dash,gos to z spot on bulkhead. What does that mean?No plug for it?

Auto Transport Service
Back