• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Panels in lower rear window corners

wasco

Local time
2:55 PM
Reaction score
The lower rear window corners on my ‘68 Charger were gone, and I can’t tell if the patch for the quarter should butt up against the patch for the tulip(?) panel or should they overlap? I would assume during assembly the tulip panel would go on first, then the quarters? So maybe the tulip has a tab that goes under the quarter’s window channel? Currently, I have added a tab on the quarter patch so the tulip patch lays on top, as pictured.

2D807B11-D684-46C3-B652-A32BDAF1FCB6.jpeg

No one has patched the rear window corners on a b-body? I must be the first! How about pictures of aftermarket panels, where the quarter and rear panel meet?

On my '68 GTX they actually overlap the trunk lip, so I think you'll need someone that has done a Charger before.
I needed the full outside corner which is basically the inside and outside corner combined. You can see that the lip overlaps the trunk lip by an inch or so.

Left Corner Patch Fit.jpg

I had started with just the inside corners but realized I needed more than that to repair this area.
This next picture shows the inside corners and how they fit to the outside corners.
Inside and Outside Lower Right Corner.jpg

No one has patched the rear window corners on a b-body? I must be the first! How about pictures of aftermarket panels, where the quarter and rear panel meet?
On my '68 GTX they actually overlap the trunk lip, so I think you'll need someone that has done a Charger before.
I needed the full outside corner which is basically the inside and outside corner combined. You can see that the lip overlaps the trunk lip by an inch or so.

View attachment 1366977

I had started with just the inside corners but realized I needed more than that to repair this area.
This next picture shows the inside corners and how they fit to the outside corners.
View attachment 1366978
I realize it’s been a while but thanks very much for the pictures and the information! I hope your project is progressing. I was able to get some screen caps off a Chris Birdsong video that showed the corners on a Charger.

Auto Transport Service
Back