• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pappy Boyington wont be down for breakfast..

BeepBeepRR

Local time
9:52 PM
Reaction score
This is sad news grew up watching Baa Baa Blacksheep back in the day. Really loved that show as well as James West in Wild Wild West. Robert Conrad has passed away.. Thanks to him for hours of plopping me down in front of the TV to watch my favorite airplanes take out those Zekes.

MLFFHBBVPJCKLKI6VP4PV6OGVY.jpg

Actor Robert Conrad, best known for his role as Secret Service agent James T. West in “The Wild Wild West” television show, has died. He was 84.

“He lived a wonderfully long life, and while the family is saddened by his passing, he will live forever in their hearts,” family spokesman Jeff Ballard told People magazine.

Conrad was well known for doing his own stunts on “The Wild Wild West,” which aired from 1965 to 1969. The show followed the adventures of West and his partner, Artemus Gordon, during the Ulysses S. Grant administration.

Conrad also starred in other television shows, including “The D.A.,” “Assignment: Vienna,” “Centennial” and “Baa Baa Black Sheep.”

He also had numerous roles in films.

Conrad is a recipient of the Distinguished Service Award in Broadcasting and a member of the Stuntman’s Hall of Fame, Deadline reported.

A memorial service is scheduled for March 1, which would have been Conrad’s 85 birthday.

The family has asked instead of flowers for donations to the Wounded Warrior Project and The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation.

Conrad is survived by eight children and 18 grandchildren.

51BtYxfm80L.jpg

R.I.P.

Great actor. I grew up watching James West and Pappy Boyington. Real man unlike most of what is in Hollyweird today

Perhaps as a sign of respect to mr Conrad, and if youre ok with it, the mod could move this to general discussion.
It's ok with me if its moved.. I sometimes post stuff in the wrong place. So If General discussion is where this post should be then thats fine by me. The post wasn't or certainly isn't meant to be funny. Robert Conrad "AKA PAPPY" was one of my heros growing up.

Loved Baa Baa Black Sheep. One of my favorite shows growing up. RIP Robert.

FWIW I enjoyed watching Robert Conrad in many shows & while he played Pappy Boyington the real Pappy Boyington passed away January 11, 1988 in Fresno Ca...

So I say Rest In Peace Robert... And Pappy as well.....

Yea I knew the Real Pappy passed away.. Wasn't sure of the date. My dad did tell me he met him once back in the 70's at a truck stop. However I cannot confirm or deny that story. But an interview with the real guy showed that the TV show took a LOT of liberties with his story. Mostly untrue.. lol But hell it made for good entertainment for a kid with this badass toy.. I can remember sitting on the floor with my carrier and launching these corsairs off while watching Black sheep.

7657362037a965227c84eae01ffd7b85.jpg

RIP,,, The Wild Wild West was my favorite show as a kid.

I have a very old boxing magazine with him in gloves on the cover. R I P.

Auto Transport Service
Back