• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Park/turn signal lights

RHW2

Local time
9:56 AM
Reaction score
I have a 64 Belvedere and I want to upgrade to LED bulbs. I have the GTR Lighting Carbide 2.0 from Headlight Revolutions in the tail light and they're amazing. The attached picture is of both sides on marker light, incredibly bright on brake lights.... anyway, I tried to install the same bulbs in the front marker/turn signal light and they do not work.... they do come on with the parking lights on (very dimly) but no flashing. In fact the tail lights won't flash either. I'm thinking it has something to do with the fact that these cars are set up to shut off the parking lights when you pull the knob out to turn on the headlights. Has anyone tried this or found a work-around? I know that a 2357 incandescent bulb is slightly bright in turn signal mode but really would like to go all LED if possible. Thanks, Mike

20210820_212909.jpg

you need a led flasher, this is what I used on my last car
CEC Industries EF32SS-R Flasher
You can either have them in the front lights and the will work with your flasher, same if you only install in the rear lights they will work. You can't have led lights in the front and back with your flasher, it will not work, unless you buy the new led flasher and both the front and rear lights will work.

Last edited:
you need a led flasher, this is what I used on my last car
CEC Industries EF32SS-R Flasher
You can either have them in the front lights and the will work with your flasher, same if you only install in the rear lights they will work. You can't have led lights in the front and back with your flasher, it will not work.

My rear turn signals blink fine with the tail light LED bulbs installed and the flasher I have. It's only when I add front LED bulbs that the problem begins and based on what you're saying you haven't found a way to make it work either. I'm just wondering what year did Ma Mopar have the front parking lights stay on when you pulled the switch to head lights? Maybe looking at that wiring schematic would shed some light???? If not I'll just have to be content with the set up I have. Thanks for your response

they both work fine (front and back ) with the CEC Industries EF32SS-R flasher installed with the LED bulbs

they both work fine (front and back ) with the CEC Industries EF32SS-R flasher installed with the LED bulbs

What car did you have?

1970 Sport Satellite

I believe ‘68 is the last year for the park lights to only be on in the park position. On my 68’s they go out when the headlights are on. My ‘69 Newport and Fury, they stayed on. You could rewire the switch to make them stay on, but I prefer the “parking lights” myself.

I believe ‘68 is the last year for the park lights to only be on in the park position. On my 68’s they go out when the headlights are on. My ‘69 Newport and Fury, they stayed on. You could rewire the switch to make them stay on, but I prefer the “parking lights” myself.

Thanks for the info.... I'll have to see if I can figure out how to rewire the switch

UPDATED.... I ordered the CEC 32RLNP flasher with external ground and it fixed the problem. The pictures don't do it justice. Just on parking light the LED is brighter than the incandescent bulb when it's blinking and when the LED is blinking... it's BRIGHT. Thanks to all who gave advice/info. If anyone wants part numbers let me know.

Screenshot_20210824-200943_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20210824-202738_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210824-202757_Gallery.jpg

Where exactly on the car does that electronic flasher plug in? Do you have to pull the instrument cluster?

Where exactly on the car does that electronic flasher plug in? Do you have to pull the instrument cluster?

It may depend on which car you have but on my 64 Belvedere the turn signal flasher sits right above the fuse box and I did not have to remove the cluster, just reach under the dash. Unplug old one... plug the new one in and find somewhere to hook the ground wire up to. I used a screw on the wiper motor

Thank you RHW2. I have a 64 SF, so it should be like your Belvedere.

Auto Transport Service
Back