• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parking Brake Assembly 67 Belvedere

Davidrad

Local time
4:46 AM
Reaction score
Hello All,

So the parking brake on my 67 Belvedere does not ratchet down and stay there. My driveway has a nasty slant so this is important to me. No one seems to repop these and their isn't a diagram to rebuild it in the fsm. This doesnt seem to be a popular problem because I dont see anything relevant when I search. I took it off and found half of a rusted spring in the rusty assembly (see photo). Can someone tell me where the spring goes, sell me an assembly, point me towards one, or help in any other way?

20220430_184058.jpg 20220430_184117.jpg 20220430_184130.jpg

Is it stuck? I’d clean and degrease it, then soak it in evaporust to clean it off. Then it may work.

There should be a spring on the handle so it returns on its own when released.

I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to find a good used one on here with a wanted ad.

Is it stuck? I’d clean and degrease it, then soak it in evaporust to clean it off. Then it may work.

There should be a spring on the handle so it returns on its own when released.
It does have the spring on the handle. The dead spring in question is supposed to force the latch down on the ratcheting mechanism . There just isn't a spring and I can't figure out where it would have landed.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back