• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

parking brake cable

jball1105

Local time
7:26 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just got my parking brake cables from Dr. Diff and I'm not sure how they install. It looks like the end just slots into the bracket, but doesn't seem to have a clip or retainer in that spot. Do I just pinch that bracket together? Also, is there supposed to be something on the axle housing to hold the cable in place?
Thanks!
parking brake cable.jpg

Last edited:
Looks similar to a kit I used. With that said my cables were feet to long so I used the oem ones. It should hook into the brake caliper lever and I don’t use a bracket on the diff there is a u shaped part mine go to and connect to the forward lead.
The u shaped part I bent to allow the cables on and clamped tight

Looks like a cable for a drum brake. Or could this be it?

Screenshot_20200526-204018.png Screenshot_20200526-204233.png

Last edited:
I fabricated a couple of angle brackets and welded them to the frame rails to hold the front of the cables.
IMG_1338.JPG

Well I figured it out with some help from Cass at Dr. Diff. Let's just say, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Auto Transport Service
Back