• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parking Brake Cables

AZRC

Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
My parking brake on my 72 Satellite has been disconnected since I bought it. I would like to have it work again but the cables by the rear wheels are fairly rusty and stiff. I am also missing the cable that goes under most of the floor. I still have the front part (pedal and intial cable) and rear part (dual cables leading to rear brakes) but nothing in between.

Where can I get replacement parts? I figure most of these parts in the junk yard will be rusted as well. Does anyone make new replacement cables?

Thanks

Got mine from Rock Auto for my 69' Roadrunner. Nothing but good luck with using those guys.

rockauto.com

I went to Rock Auto and it looked like they had the front cable and the rear cables but not the intermediate cable.

I also looked at Year One and saw they have some complete kits PB54 (mild steel) and PB54S (Stainless) for 71-72 B-bodies. Does anyone have any experience with either of these kits?

I bought a brand new intermediate cable from autozone for mine and had it in 2 days. Mine is a 73, but I thought those were the same.

You can also get the whole kit from

http://www.inlinetube.com 139.00 for regular.

Thanks RonP - The InlineTube website looked good so I went ahead and ordered a complete kit for my car.

Auto Transport Service
Back