• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parking brake internal spring

1969 beep beep

Local time
7:09 PM
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have a 69 b body parking brake assembly out of a car. I recently restored mine and somehow lost the tiny spring that attaches to the lever that rides along the teeth. It applies pressure to keep the lever and teeth engaged when applying the parking brake. If someone can please measure the spring measurements or has a spare spring they would want to sell.

There isn’t a spring on the 69, just on the handle lever

The issue I am having is sometimes the lever does not fall back down to engage the teeth. That is why I thought the spring was missing.

How does the spring look behind the handle as well as the plastic bushing that keeps it from sliding through the hole.

The spring looks fine and has a grommet. Someone was kind enough to give me some pics of one out of a B Body.

2016-02-01 09.53.50.jpg 2016-02-01 09.54.22.jpg

There is a spring in the mechanism. It is very small and a pain to install.

I don’t have one to measure or to sell. Tom at RT specialties May be able to help you.

There is a spring in the mechanism. It is very small and a pain to install.

I don’t have one to measure or to sell. Tom at RT specialties May be able to help you.
I don’t recall ever seeing one on mine or in the service manual...

Auto Transport Service
Back