• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parking Brake Switch

albert 5694

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:52 AM
Reaction score
I am looking for anybody that can tell me were i might find a parking brake switch this would be the one down on the parking brake assembly that turns on the brake light in the dash when you set the parking brake and then turns off when you release it. This is the single wire type like on the door dome light but i know they wont fit because the threads on the dome light one is to big of thread. I would be interested in either nos or aftermarket or good used.

Thanks i all ready tried them if you look it is out of stock that is why i am looking on hear.

well if you find 1 let me know because mine is bad also.

I am looking for anybody that can tell me were i might find a parking brake switch this would be the one down on the parking brake assembly that turns on the brake light in the dash when you set the parking brake and then turns off when you release it. This is the single wire type like on the door dome light but i know they wont fit because the threads on the dome light one is to big of thread. I would be interested in either nos or aftermarket or good used.
Saw a switch that you described at moparmall, $117.00 bucks nos, yikes. I also need one. I'm going to try to mod a door jamb switch, maybe, it might work.

You need this one?

1663089672789.png

You asked and the seller answered. You didn't respond. If you are lucky he still has it. Here's the thread: FOR SALE - 68/69 Satellite/RR/GTX parting out
1663092583695.png

Hear is one that you could make work it has the 5/16 thread like the original parking brake switch the door switches are 3/8 threads you will have to make a spacer as the hex is not as long as the oem as you can see the longer hex is an original switch. This is available threw jegs #11121 otherwise i suggests you look at a salvage yard that is were I found the one pictured felt like winning the lottery when I found it.

20220913_134313.jpg

20220913_134213.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back