• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Part number for 426 Hemi 1967 Carter AFB air filter mounting gaskets.

HEMI RR

Local time
4:07 PM
Reaction score
I am getting two Carter number 4343 and 4139 Hemi carburetors. These are to replace my single 4 Holley and manifold, What is the correct part number for the air cleaner mounting gasket. Looking at the Fel Pro website, it lists either a 5 1/32 or if you look further for a Hemi a 4 inch ID gasket. is the 4 inch size one correct? Thanks for any help.

Thanks, I was on that site and thought you had to buy the whole rebuild kit.

I am getting two Carter number 4343 and 4139 Hemi carburetors. These are to replace my single 4 Holley and manifold, What is the correct part number for the air cleaner mounting gasket. Looking at the Fel Pro website, it lists either a 5 1/32 or if you look further for a Hemi a 4 inch ID gasket. is the 4 inch size one correct? Thanks for any help.
The 4-7/8" Gasket for the AFB carbs and the 5-1/8" would fit thd AVS or the Carter # 3705 carbs. Out of curiosity, this is not car owned by George Welch? His was an origional Hemi car but had the manifold changed to a single 4 bbl manifold and carb. The car was triple black...top, body and interior.....just asking....
BOB RENTON

No, B5 Blue. See picture on the left. I wrinkle powder coated the valve covers since that picture was taken. I don't know George. It is interesting that Fel-Pro has such incorrect info for such a legendary engine.

No, B5 Blue. See picture on the left. I wrinkle powder coated the valve covers since that picture was taken. I don't know George. It is interesting that Fel-Pro has such incorrect info for such a legendary engine.
My inquiry was out of curiosity as I noted you're from Pennsylvania as I was too. I lived in Western Pa, a suburb of Pittsburgh. I should have realized you are from EASTERN Pa. George Welch had a 71 Hemi Barricuda 2dr hard top triple black automatic transmission...He was the first and third owner....second owner was his brother. George went to 'Nam...sold the car to his brother, stipulating that if he came back, brother would sell back the car.....if not, it didn't matter....he came back unharmed
BOB RENTON

Contact Us​

Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM EDT.
Technical Advice: Available by calling (317) 831-5610 Monday - Thursday, between the hours of 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM EDT, faxing (317) 831-9710, emailing us at [email protected] or writing to A&A Transmission, 5061 E N County Line Road, Camby, IN 46113.
A&A Transmissions
5061 E N County Line Road
Camby, IN 46113

(317) 831-3066
...regained ownership of the car....great car...enjoy it....be safe in your endeavours and travels....
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back