• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Part number help please

thebankerstoy

Local time
6:12 AM
Reaction score
Could someone please give me the correct factory part number for a 4 speed console shifter top plate that attaches to the front top side on a factory floor mounted console? I have a 1966 parts book, but section #23-38-5 where this part is listed is a bit unclear on this part number. Looks like the one in the attached pictures. I bought one of the P.G. Classic reproduction pieces and I'd like to know what the original part number is.

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Richard

1966-68 B-Body 4 speed floor console shifter plate #1.jpg

1966-68 console 4 speed shifter plate #4.jpg

I checked my 68 book and the part number is 2657585, hope this helps. gerry

I checked my 68 book and the part number is 2657585, hope this helps. gerry

Hello and thank you VERY much CharGer. In my 1966 parts book, that part number is listed as follows.

Finish plate, P, D, manual trans, strg col shift, w/o tach

Is it listed the same in your 68 parts book?

Does anyone have a spare one of these shifter finish plates laying around that could verify it's part number? I think it should be the same part number on 66-68 B or C-Body consoles?

Thanks again everybody.

Richard

It says for Belvedere Satellite Coronet Charger All Frt. Manual Trans...

It says for Belvedere Satellite Coronet Charger All Frt. Manual Trans...

Cool, the only thing that threw me on the listing in the 66 parts book, was the part about steering column shift. Thank you again VERY much for your help CharGer, I really appreciate it! :yes::sSig_thankyou:

Richard

1966-68 B-Body floor console shifter plate #5.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back