• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parting Out 1969 Plymouth GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.

CornDog

Local time
4:44 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I just bought this wrecked 1969 Plymouth GTX. I plan to start dismantling the car tomorrow. Tell me what you are interested in and I will post detailed pictures and a price. Please be patient and I will respond asap. I am keeping all of the suspension, rear end, k-frame, brakes, wheels, and seats. I am located in Jackson, Mississippi Thanks!!

Justin
"CornDog"

DSCN5547.jpg

DSCN5536.jpg

DSCN5545.jpg

DSCN5548.jpg

DSCN5546.jpg

Wow, didn't know I'd get so much hate over this car. If anyone is interested in saving this car and putting it on the road, you are more than welcome to. I'll just pull what I need off of the car and you can buy the rest. If I'm not mistaken, I thought the for sale section was a place you could sell something without people making comments about why you're sell it or what you're asking for it. But those of you that have actually inquired about parts, thank you. I'll will get the parts removed, cleaned, photographed, and priced ASAP.

I just finished a restoration on a 69 GTX where the owner purchased this car for parts. But for those interested in saving this car (and apparently know more about this car's condition than i do) you will need the following just to get you started:

Both full quarters, tail light pockets, quarter extensions, deck lid, Dutchman panel, both inner and outer wheel houses, trunk extensions, rear crossmember, left rear frame rail, half of the right rear frame rail, full interior floor, both rear floor sections, upper cowl panel, right hinge post, right and left inner fender aprons, all of the suspension..... Do I need to continue? Oh yeah the original 440/727 is long gone but the car now has a 318.

well maybe ill be the first to say go ahead and strip it.. ( i betcha im gonna get ripped fore this) lol! just think of it this way , people out there need parts, this car will save many others., better than going to the crushers, i for one need parts like so many others, maybe the only people you are pissing off here are the parts hoarders who dont wanna share lol, it seems pretty far gone,you must think the same..atleast its not sitting in a field rotting till there is nothing nobody can use

No hate meant. This car looks to be in better shape then my `68 was and is in better shape then a `70 Challenger I'm about to get started on. My comments and others were not negative in any way.

I gotta throw my 2 cents into this...sorry if it's not the right forum. OP, it's your car...do what you please with it. That said, not every car needs to be returned to showroom condition. This world needs drivers and racecars and even ratrods. If I had found that car myself, I would not even consider parting it. The crunched quarter and tweaked bumper would get replaced..the damaged framerails and other rusted out areas would be patched, I'd toss the first 440 that came my way into it, and that GTX would be would be one of the greatest daily drivers the worldhas ever known.
This 68 Runner was in comparable shape. It took a few years, and cost me about 5000 bucks...all the work was done on a gravel strip in my backyard...but this is what you do when you really love these cars.
6258511979_7106b2bf98_m.jpg

6259609872_5078c73be8_m.jpg

6259099239_6b98d0e82b_m.jpg

This car was stripped, a tree had crushed the roof and rear quarter...floors and trunk were non existant, dutchmen panel rusted across the entire width..all the typical stuff. The car has 100% original sheetmetal which I worked and welded on until only a skimcoat of filler was necessary. I built it as a period correct 70's street racer, something I never would have done if it was a more complete, intact car.

I'd take the fender tag, BS or any other factory documents you may have especially if it's a STL or LR car. You keep the VIN. I just want to document the history.

Both full quarters, tail light pockets, quarter extensions, deck lid, Dutchman panel, both inner and outer wheel houses, trunk extensions, rear crossmember, left rear frame rail, half of the right rear frame rail, full interior floor, both rear floor sections, upper cowl panel, right hinge post, right and left inner fender aprons, all of the suspension..... Do I need to continue? Oh yeah the original 440/727 is long gone but the car now has a 318.

Hmmm.....Sounds just like the RR i'm wrapping up a resto on.

X5...no hate either. Best of luck on your sale(s) whatever route you go.

How about the filler panel just under where the grille was?

How about the filler panel just under where the grille was?

The grille/bumper is in good shape with just a very little bit of minor pitting just under the right headlight portion. I can post pictures of it tonight. $60 plus shipping. Thanks!

Justin
"CornDog"

- - - Updated - - -

Selling the driveshaft?

I'm not sure which driveshaft is in the car since the engine/trans were swapped out. I need to keep all of the drivetrain for right now though. Thank you for your interest.

Justin
"CornDog"

- - - Updated - - -

how are the lower rear window corners?

The lower corners of the rear glass opening have rust and wreck damage. Thank you for your interest.

Justin
"CornDog"

- - - Updated - - -

how are the lower rear window corners?

DSCN5626.jpg

DSCN5627.jpg

well maybe ill be the first to say go ahead and strip it.. ( i betcha im gonna get ripped fore this) lol! just think of it this way , people out there need parts, this car will save many others., better than going to the crushers, i for one need parts like so many others, maybe the only people you are pissing off here are the parts hoarders who dont wanna share lol, it seems pretty far gone,you must think the same..atleast its not sitting in a field rotting till there is nothing nobody can use

I'm afraid I'll have to agree. Seems like so many people want every single car saved...and then go looking for parts to save those cars. Can't have it both way, the parts have to come from somewhere. This one looks like a donor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back