• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parts Experts and Historians

Lefty71

Local time
12:55 AM
Reaction score
Have a look at this beautiful '60 Plymouth convertible with the transplanted 440 engine....
1960 Plymouth Fury | Classic Auto Mall

In the many pics available for the car, look under.... I've never seen exhaust manifolds like the ones on that car.. they even have support brackets back to the pan rails. And what's with the block-offs? Could those possibly be OEM for the car?? I assume that big car may have had a 413 or possible the 383RB originally. Just wondering if anyone had seen anything like it, as I've not done any work on pre-62's.

Only a guess homemade combined with cast iron factory?? They're unusual for sure.

I am pretty sure those are the exhaust manifolds that come with 30" crossram setup. The block off plate covers up the port for exhaust heat to the bottom of the intake to help carb operation. Quite often, one sees the intake setups for sale, but hardly ever the exhausts. They could have been prone to cracking, since they are cast iron. There is a lot wrong under the hood. Newer Bendix power brake booster and master cylinder, probably supporting front disc brakes; a good upgrade for safety. Later cruise control that looks like the same system I pirated off a '70's Cordoba for my '64 Polara. This has newer motor, judging by 6 bolt valve covers. The mid-'50's wire wheels look nice, but were passe', by 1960.

That’s a nice looking car, but jeez, whoever wrote the description must have been getting paid by the word. I had to pee twice and was still only halfway through it. War and Peace was shorter then that.

I’m no expert but those are 1963 300 J exhaust.

the brackets are reproduced.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324758884901?hash=item4b9d235225:g:El8AAOSw3q1hHlNh

Yup...

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 8.54.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 8.56.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 8.57.00 AM.png

The passengers side looked like a tube which made me think home made, live and learn. Nice manifolds. I see in the Chrysler pictures the intake are short ram. Did long get same exhaust manifolds.

The passengers side looked like a tube which made me think home made, live and learn. Nice manifolds. I see in the Chrysler pictures the intake are short ram. Did long get same exhaust manifolds.

According to this article Short ram only....

http://www.forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=29144

Which is kinda cool cause I thought Pop's 64 300K Vert was a short ram car but wasn't sure, it was sold in 73 (for $100) & I couldn't be sure... But I know it had the header style manifolds so that confirms it was a short ram car....

Auto Transport Service
Back