• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parts value

Chad Witham

Local time
2:42 PM
Reaction score
I have a spare set of door shells, the door itself isn't good aside from me removing the door skins. They do however have some other parts on them, sport mirror, latches, handles, chrome trim etc. Is there any value to these parts? If not I'm not gonna bother removing them

I'd at least keep the mirrors.

The chrome I’m talking about is that piece near the top of the door where the window comes up
FFDB75F9-C63E-4620-9E2E-B1461B7590DD.jpeg

Someone might need it.

I also save lock cylinders.

Vintage Mopars are really easy to re-key if you have a collection of pins saved up.

...and those clips that hold the door cards on. easy to get off and nice to have if you find one missing or bent.

Im curious what that trim piece is actually called. my car was de-trimmed but post paint some of the holes where this piece of trim sits got pushed through the new paint when installing felts. I tried to find replacment piece thinking I would just use the trim there rather than repaint the whole door but could never find a picture of a 67 coronet with this trim piece on it.

Short story: Hang onto them.

Long story: When I was at Carlisle this year, I had just bought my Coronet and was in full on parts hunting mode. I was surprised to see somewhat less used parts out there. It could be a one year occurrence, I'll see how it looks this year.

Our concern should be that when one screw or bolt or whatever is needed, we would have to go to repro companies and pay $10 for 1 bolt, or buy a minimum of a box of 50 (what do I do with the other 49, hand them out instead of trick or treat candy, give them as holiday or birthday gifts?)

This is no knock on the companies, I am very happy to see the great selection of repro parts available.

I had a bunch of parts displacing air in my basement for decades. I recently cataloged and listed them for sale. I was happily surprised that I was able to help people build their project affordably as well as make a few dollars on things that I thought were junk and was ready to throw out.

If the parts are small, I'll list them as a lot and let people pick from that.

Two examples:

When rebuilding my front end, I wanted to use the original style bolts with holes for cotter pins for the lower ball joints. 4 used original bolts and nuts in great shape $20

My car was missing a bracket for the auto floor shifter. I put out ads for months with no responses. I had to shell out $200 for the entire repro kit, all for a $20 bracket.

The short of this long story is, if you have the room and time to store, catalog and sell small items, do it for your fellow Moparians and the good of the "hobby".

Last edited:
Im curious what that trim piece is actually called. my car was de-trimmed but post paint some of the holes where this piece of trim sits got pushed through the new paint when installing felts. I tried to find replacment piece thinking I would just use the trim there rather than repaint the whole door but could never find a picture of a 67 coronet with this trim piece on it.

They are called belt moldings....

Auto Transport Service
Back